SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ DU - FRIDAY NCHC SEMI GAMEDAY

AZSIOUX

Well guys i love this team but i dont think they can take the Pionears. At some point we have to worry about how this will affect recruiting. Is it better to not make the regionals or to make the regionals and lose 7-0 in round one? Hoping for the best.

Go hawks!

• Downvote 16

1 minute ago, UNDHawks4life said:

Well guys i love this team but i dont think they can take the Pionears. At some point we have to worry about how this will affect recruiting. Is it better to not make the regionals or to make the regionals and lose 7-0 in round one? Hoping for the best.

Go hawks!

Playing Denver in the conference semis is an entirely different animal than a national at-large team (basically at home) in the NCAA regionals, especially with some of the bracket projections I've seen.  I'd give UND a much greater chance of winning at least one in Fargo, even though I haven't written them off tonight.

I think your focus on recruiting is misplaced entirely.  UND is UND, and guys will want to play here regardless of what happens in the next 10 days.

8 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Playing Denver in the conference semis is an entirely different animal than a national at-large team (basically at home) in the NCAA regionals, especially with some of the bracket projections I've seen.  I'd give UND a much greater chance of winning at least one in Fargo, even though I haven't written them off tonight.

I think your focus on recruiting is misplaced entirely.  UND is UND, and guys will want to play here regardless of what happens in the next 10 days.

He's a troll. Don't mind him.

• Upvote 3

Boarding flight from JAX soon. If the boys play like I did golfing Sawgrass on Tuesday and Wednesday it'll be ugly. DU is a legit NC contender. UND is looking to get into the NCAA and go from there.

UND 2 DU 4

40 minutes ago, UNDHawks4life said:

Go hawks!

I seriously doubt this team would lose to anybody 7-0.  As far as recruiting this game will have zero effect.  All any recruit needs to see is the banners hanging in the Ralph.  For a team with the number of players who left, particularly underclassmen, this team has played pretty well and with a few breaks could easily be in the upper tier of the country.

Do they do regular season TV timeouts for this tournament or do they go with NCAA TV timeouts? 

Trusting my memory and observations, regular season NCHC TV timeouts are for one minute each at the first natural stop* in play under 15, 10, and 5. 

I believe NCAA TV timeouts are for two minutes each and I don't remember how many or when. 

*Not at penalty called, not at infraction like icing to give the icing team a break; things like puck out of play or goalie stop. 

17 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Do they do regular season TV timeouts for this tournament or do they go with NCAA TV timeouts? 

Trusting my memory and observations, regular season NCHC TV timeouts are for one minute each at the first natural stop* in play under 15, 10, and 5. 

I believe NCAA TV timeouts are for two minutes each and I don't remember how many or when. 

*Not at penalty called, not at infraction like icing to give the icing team a break; things like puck out of play or goalie stop. 

Yes at penalty called, no after a goal, no after any time a team is not allowed to change, no during coach called timeouts. 

Yes, even on 4on4 or 3on3. 

First whistle under 15, 10 and 5. 

2 hours ago, fsioux said:

I seriously doubt this team would lose to anybody 7-0.  As far as recruiting this game will have zero effect.  All any recruit needs to see is the banners hanging in the Ralph.  For a team with the number of players who left, particularly underclassmen, this team has played pretty well and with a few breaks could easily be in the upper tier of the country.

He's a diguised Troll.

4 hours ago, fsioux said:

A few breaks the other way and they could be completely out of the equation though. I worry that a kid might pass on us because we only have 1 ring in the last 16 years. It helps that we got one last year so i hope you are right.

4 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Thats a good point. I worry about these millennials being so impulsive lol

North Dakota vs. Denver
Candace: North Dakota has won four in a row, but Denver rides a 13-game win streak into this game, and wants to erase bad memories from last year’s Frozen Faceoff. Denver 4-2
Matthew: UND has to turn its Frozen Faceoff luck around sooner or later, but I don’t know if it happens here. Denver 3-2

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/nchc-blog/2017/03/16/frozen-faceoff-semifinal-picks/#ixzz4bd1MQ0YV

j0eg3w9h_lkvt0_93s7x9.png

Candace and Matthew...bad (or sick) guys. Sad! Roll Tribe!

• Upvote 2