SiouxSports.com Forum

2017-18 Season

SWSiouxMN

8 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Wait, how did UND get a transfer when Jones hasn't signed an extension?? It was made pretty clear by some that it wasn't possible.

He likely only is transferring here until June.  Length of current contract since nothing has been announced publicly.  

So with Jones in the mix now what are we looking at next season?

PG - Crandall

SG - Stewart

SF - Seales

PF - Bernstein

C - Avants

Jones the first guy off the bench? I think Kienan Walters will make a nice jump this year as well. I know somewhere Aanen Moody said he may be the 6th man so it's likely he isn't red shirting I guess. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Hopefully, still don't understand why Brown and Walters didn't redshirt. 

Redshirting would be a commitment.  Kids now don't want a rs because that takes away flexibility to transfer.  It seems like a different athlete world today, especially in mbb.

The Slummit has lost a ton of players to transfers.

23 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Hopefully, still don't understand why Brown and Walters didn't redshirt. 

I agree with you but understand that Walters specifically asked that he not be redshirted.  When a player is a long ways from home, it is often better to grant his request rather than take the chance that the player leaves the program because he wasn't fully engaged.

I do not know if the same situation may have applied to Brown. 

From a pure player development perspective, they both certainly should have redshirted to gain weight/strength, learn the system, etc.

• Upvote 2

IF the 6'10" Cashman had not get kicked off the team last summer, Walters most likely would have red shirted.  With him gone Walters was forced to play.  Billy Brown is too slow with his feet and shot release to ever be much of a D! player.  If he were playing against UND's quick guards, he would get eaten up.

19 hours ago, UND92 said:

IF the 6'10" Cashman had not get kicked off the team last summer, Walters most likely would have red shirted.  With him gone Walters was forced to play.  Billy Brown is too slow with his feet and shot release to ever be much of a D! player.  If he were playing against UND's quick guards, he would get eaten up.

walters was not forced to play ....he rode the pine played a handful of  meaningful minutes...turned down redshirt option....Brown like I said when the first signed him is a D2 kid....not smart to redshirt a D2 talent better not to have him a scholly for 5 years

2 hours ago, hoops44 said:

walters was not forced to play ....he rode the pine played a handful of  meaningful minutes...turned down redshirt option....Brown like I said when the first signed him is a D2 kid....not smart to redshirt a D2 talent better not to have him a scholly for 5 years

I saw some potential in Brown but a year of red shirting would have been ideal. 

2 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

You also claimed Shanks' alleged Mormonism was a contributing factor in him returning to Utah, despite a blood-relative cautioning you to shut your pie hole because you don't know what you're talking about. So, take it easy on those who take your knowledge with a block of salt. 

learn to comprehend english....never claimed anything....you could claim to be a blood relative of Albert Einstein....

35 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

learn to comprehend english....never claimed anything....you could claim to be a blood relative of Albert Einstein....

True, but identity of the poster who tried to save you from making a bigger fool of yourself than you did is widely known on here. I will leave it at that, and let your attempt to save face speak for itself.

About Walter, I have a sense from talking to folks close to the program that he will take a major step up this year and be a nice contributor off the bench to start the year.  About Brown, I saw flashes of signs of things to come last year and things that could easily be tweaked from him by working with coaches. I like his upside as the game continues to slow down for him and he speeds up his quickness on offense and defense

I cannot verify for certain, but was told that Stewart's game was a lot like Geno's in the paint.  He likes to slash through the lane.  Not sure what he brings to the table from the perimeter.

Should be a fun and interesting final Big Sky Conference campaign for the Hawks!

7 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

True, but identity of the poster who tried to save you from making a bigger fool of yourself than you did is widely known on here. I will leave it at that, and let your attempt to save face speak for itself.

About Walter, I have a sense from talking folks close to the program that he will take a major step up this year and be nice contributor off the bench to start the year.  About Brown, I saw flashes of signs of things to come last year and thing that could easily be tweaked from him by working with coaches. I like his upside as the game continues to slow down for him and he speeds up his quickness offense and defense

I cannot verify for certain, but was told that Stewart's game was a lot like Geno's in the paint.  He likes to slash through the lane.  Not sure what he brings to the table from the perimeter.

Should be a fund and interesting final Big Sky Conference campaign for the Hawks!

Only fools here are the ones who think I posted Shanks religion beliefs...and those that think shanks did not know he was transferring long before he announced it...or the ones who think that mormons are required to do a mission

• Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

Only fools here are the ones who think I posted Shanks religion beliefs

On 4/1/2017 at 7:00 AM, hoops44 said:

Maybe he is Morman did that cross your brain?  

On 4/1/2017 at 9:50 AM, hoops44 said:

Typical loser no nothing response....    My bet is he is Mormon...  you have probably not spent any time in UTAH or are lacking perception skills... 

• Upvote 4

Never said he was a Mormon or any other faith....Only conveyed that he may be Mormon or interested in it and that if so that could be a contributing factor for he second journey to school in Utah....  Thanks for proving my point!!!  by the way FYI.    LDS absolutely consider themselves to be Christians

• Downvote 1

53 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

if my bet was that UND beats AZ or the spread vs AZ ...that is not be any stretch making a perceived to be factual statement regarding the outcome of said game simply an opinion.... ...Kabish?? Furthermore I initially indicated that an interest in Mormon Culture  MIGHT be a factor in his return to the State Of Utah...where over 60% of the Pop base identifies as Mormon.... Of course the bozo climbs out of his gopherhole and gets is shorts in a knot  as if I unequivocally said the Shanks was going to Utah so that he could be closer to his KKK allies. He must have a problem with Mormon Christans or why the fuss

33 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

if my bet was that UND beats AZ or the spread vs AZ ...that is not be any stretch making a perceived to be factual statement regarding the outcome of said game simply an opinion.... ...Kabish?? Furthermore I initially indicated that an interest in Mormon Culture  MIGHT be a factor in his return to the State Of Utah...where over 60% of the Pop base identifies as Mormon.... Of course the bozo climbs out of his gopherhole and gets is shorts in a knot  as if I unequivocally said the Shanks was going to Utah so that he could be closer to his KKK allies. He must have a problem with Mormon Christans or why the fuss

Nothing... the problem is the way you come off all condescending on folks who want to talk UND hoops, and then turn around and spew conjecture that has little to no basis in reality -- and then have the gall to perform Olympic-level mental gymnastics in an attempt to defend your BS.  I used to think you were just being contrarian to certain folks just to get a rise out of them and the board in general (AKA trolling). Now I think it's pretty well settled you're merely grasping at straws and actually believe the stuff you spew. Kabish?  Or is it Capiche?  

Now can we get back to hoops topics? 

• Upvote 4