SiouxSports.com Forum

2017-18 Season

SWSiouxMN

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

You have the list of how they ranked all 12? 9th just seems too low

ID, MT ST. WEBER, MONTANA, N COLO, EW, SAC ST, PT ST, UND, SO UT, ID ST and N.AZ...... They were not impressed with UND recruiting last couple years, weak front court, solid guards,  9th is about the lowest UND could finish IMO.....i was looking for 6th for UND.....  They pretty much liked not loved Geno, Seales and Avants....the rest of roster they assumed the worst it would appear  ....  

I was walking through the tailgate lot last Saturday and saw Carson Shanks.  I know he transferred to another school, don't remember which, but thought it was odd to see him here for a football game. I'd assume he was back just for the weekend.  Anyone else see him/speak with him?

1 hour ago, dmksioux said:

I was walking through the tailgate lot last Saturday and saw Carson Shanks.  I know he transferred to another school, don't remember which, but thought it was odd to see him here for a football game. I'd assume he was back just for the weekend.  Anyone else see him/speak with him?

Saw him, not close enough to talk to him

1 hour ago, dmksioux said:

Seen him at Darcy's Cafe last spring, table for two.

2 hours ago, dmksioux said:

Wasn't it Utah St? However wherever was listed as being the school he was transferring to I have now heard he is going somewhere else like in Cali.

Transferred to Loyola University in Chicago (which is a catholic school and not a mormon one for those scoring at home). Believe he was just back visiting friends for the weekend. Saw he was at the soccer game as well. Good kid who was a model example of athletes supporting athletes and great with the community involvement stuff. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, dmksioux said:

I heard he was transferring back (not really but just want to join in throwing out random possibilities). 

1 hour ago, UND92 said:

Looks like UND/NDSU Men's/Women's BB games will be a split doubleheader Dec. 9 in the Betty.  Women at 2:00  Men at 7:00.  I would much rather move both games to REA and play an old fashioned double header with 7,000+ fans in the stands?

Was really expecting a Ralph double header, but alas, not to be.  Guess two bb games are not nearly as lucrative as a concert for the Ralph.  The timing of those games will make for a long day for those who have tickets to both.

• 2 weeks later...

I admit to not paying much attention to buckets since we played Arizona last March but I was under the impression Bernstein was a junior last season and would be coming back. Someone on this forum made the comment that they hoped Shanks leaving wouldn't cause Bernstein to jump ship.  Apparently he did.  Any reason why?

12 minutes ago, Siouxfan69 said:

I admit to not paying much attention to buckets since we played Arizona last March but I was under the impression Bernstein was a junior last season and would be coming back. Someone on this forum made the comment that they hoped Shanks leaving wouldn't cause Bernstein to jump ship.  Apparently he did.  Any reason why?

Bernstine is in tight with a childhood friend guard at Gonzaga, and Bernstein even went to the Final Four for that reason.  He transferred to Washington St, which isn't all that far from Spokane and Gonzaga so presumably they can hang out and give each other support for their final seasons.

That's a terrible loss, he was the only experienced "big" man we had coming back.  He really played well against Arizona.  He could bring the ball up the floor and also play big on the front line.  Jones does a good job with our guard play but he really struggles with centers and big forwards.  Is there any hope at that 6'8" + size?

geno, avants, jones, seales  are locks.... Stewart probable..or Kinsey....  Brown and Moody should battle for 2nd guard off the pine....need Walters to give the depth at the 5 ... 3 game suspensions are the norm for first time DUI so geno and stewart might sit the first 3 unless they got off the hook