SiouxSports.com Forum

2017-18 Season

SWSiouxMN

On 8/3/2017 at 2:55 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

Here are the two games scheduled for NDSU

12/9 NDSU

1/16 @NDSU 

Wondering if UND also didn't get home games vs Stetson and Florida A&M, as they show up on NDSU's home schedule Nov 22 and 25.  Both schools haven't released their schedules yet.  A long ways to fly for one game. The only other DI home game that NDSU got besides us was Mo St.

10 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

UND travels to SDSU on 12/12. Not sure if it is the front end of a home/home or a paid game. Hopefully the former.

12/5 @Creighton
12/9 NDSU
12/12 @SDSU
1/16 @NDSU 

Nice looking non-conf so far.  My longshot hope is that we somehow get USD on the schedule this year.  Also interested if are going to play any other big name school (Gophs maybe?)

4 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Nice looking non-conf so far.  My longshot hope is that we somehow get USD on the schedule this year.  Also interested if are going to play any other big name school (Gophs maybe?)

I'm sure there will be a few money games. Doesn't look like many of the bigger schools have released their schedule yet. Also found a home game against Presentation, which is no surprise.

29 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I'm sure there will be a few money games. Doesn't look like many of the bigger schools have released their schedule yet. Also found a home game against Presentation, which is no surprise.

Interesting that game is the Monday after Thanksgiving. Makes me think that they won't have a tournament over Thanksgiving (or else why schedule a game that Monday when you traveling back Sunday Night, even if it is NAIA). That must have been a recent add by them because I looked twice on their site and didn't see anything.  This could mean two things

17 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Wondering if UND also didn't get home games vs Stetson and Florida A&M, as they show up on NDSU's home schedule Nov 22 and 25.  Both schools haven't released their schedules yet.  A long ways to fly for one game. The only other DI home game that NDSU got besides us was Mo St.

This would certain open the door for this possibility.

14 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

I know we were close to signing a deal for a tourney in Hawaii - not sure if that is still in the works or not! 

The tourney is typically held in the 2nd week of November, so this too is another possibility. 

On 8/7/2017 at 11:32 AM, UND Fan said:

I know we were close to signing a deal for a tourney in Hawaii - not sure if that is still in the works or not! 

Looks like Troy is playing in a tournament in Hawaii.  Article says they play NDSU, a tournament team from last year.  NDSU wasn't a tourney team and already released their schedule which doesn't include a Hawaii tournament.  So guessing they mixed us up with NDSU.  

http://www.dothanfirst.com/news/troy-mens-basketball-announces-non-conference-schedule/784934713

"Competition will be sharp from the very start of the season as Hawai'i, North Dakota State and Arkansas-Pine Bluff will be Troy's foes in the Rainbow Classic. North Dakota State made the NCAA Tournament this past season while Hawai'i went in 2016. Specific matchup times will be released at a later date."

The article mentions Arkansas-Pine Bluff along with Hawaii as the other teams in the tourney.

30 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

Looks like Troy is playing in a tournament in Hawaii.  Article says they play NDSU, a tournament team from last year.  NDSU wasn't a tourney team and already released their schedule which doesn't include a Hawaii tournament.  So guessing they mixed is up with NDSU.  

http://www.dothanfirst.com/news/troy-mens-basketball-announces-non-conference-schedule/784934713

"Competition will be sharp from the very start of the season as Hawai'i, North Dakota State and Arkansas-Pine Bluff will be Troy's foes in the Rainbow Classic. North Dakota State made the NCAA Tournament this past season while Hawai'i went in 2016. Specific matchup times will be released at a later date."

The article mentions Arkansas-Pine Bluff along with Hawaii as the other teams in the tourney.

On their website, they correctly have it has UND.  Leave it to the Media to goof that up.

Aloha to Hawaii!

11/10, 11/12. 11/13: Hawaii, Troy, Arkansas-Pine Bluff (order not set yet)

That puts UND at 26 confirmed games (8 non-conference + 18 Big Sky conf). about 3 to 4 games left out there

5 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

On their website, they correctly have it has UND.  Leave it to the Media to goof that up.

Aloha to Hawaii!

11/10, 11/12. 11/13: Hawaii, Troy, Arkansas-Pine Bluff (order not set yet)

That puts UND at 26 confirmed games (8 non-conference + 18 Big Sky conf). about 3 to 4 games left out there

Is that a 3 day 4 team round-robin?

I see that we don't play MBB on Saturday 11-11-17 @ Hawai'i, so we can to go the E. Washington FB game @ the Hawk's Nest and then the Miami U MH game @ The Ralph. I'll have to shoot my deer on Friday sometime before the MH game, maybe during halftime of the MBB game.

Could be another great year for the U.

7 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Is that a 3 day 4 team round-robin?

I see that we don't play MBB on Saturday 11-11-17 @ Hawai'i, so we can to go the E. Washington FB game @ the Hawk's Nest and then the Miami U MH game @ The Ralph. I'll have to shoot my deer on Friday sometime before the MH game, maybe during halftime of the MBB game.

Could be another great year for the U.

Think its a 4 day, 3 team tournament and not playing on the 11th.

Records of the three teams last year, results of conference tournament, and any postseason they were in. 

Troy 22-15, Sun Belt Tournament champions, NCAA 1st round

Ark-PB, 7-25 did not qualify for SWAC tourney

Hawaii 14-16, Big West QF

47 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Think its a 4 day, 3 team tournament and not playing on the 11th.

Records of the three teams last year, results of conference tournament, and any postseason they were in. 

Troy 22-15, Sun Belt Tournament champions, NCAA 1st round

Ark-PB, 7-25 did not qualify for SWAC tourney

Hawaii 14-16, Big West QF

If UND is in it, then with the 3 you mentioned, that would make 4 team tournament?

4 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

Looks like we play the Cornhuskers in Lincoln on 11/19.  http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/mens-basketball/husker-hoops-completes-nonconference-schedule/article_15e3de7d-dc39-549d-9d29-6838a7de3c4b.html

"Nebraska also will host a North Dakota team that won 22 games and reached the NCAA Tournament last season"

Taking on Tim Miles and company.  Very nice.  I am liking this non-conf schedule more and more.  Should only be 2-3 more games left to find.  

Nice OOC games, including a Big 10 opponent. I hope with our dance appearance putting this team on the map we get more variety of teams wanting to play us. Also what is up with USD? The only Dakota team not playing us since they left for the SL. Too good for us?;)

1 hour ago, the green team said:

15-16 Season:  Wisconsin  & Bradley

14-15 Season: Minnesota & Marquette

13-14 Season:  Wisconsin & Butler

It appears to be similar or the same as many previous seasons with regard to money games.

1 hour ago, the green team said:

15-16 Season:  Wisconsin  & Bradley

14-15 Season: Minnesota & Marquette

13-14 Season:  Wisconsin & Butler

It appears to be similar or the same as many previous seasons with regard to money games.