SiouxSports.com Forum

2017-18 Season

SWSiouxMN

3 hours ago, hoops44 said:

look for Kinsey to be first guard off the pine, McCauley  first fwd off the pine...., Walters the back up 5...shortest team in BSC

seems like some the best play in the last couple years has been with very very small lineups...gonna miss drick tho

The players shake hands as game 2 comes to a close. Team Jones beats Diggs Team 112-94. Tyus Jones leads the way w/ 39 pts. 37 for Crandall...Hooker, Tyus Jones NBA and Tre Jones  number one rated prep point  guard per scout.com and prep hoops.com ...were the guards playing vs Crandall  

19 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Can we win the Big Sky with the best point guard and a supporting cast? Perhaps the transfers will bring something.

There is a lot more questions to this team now that Drick and Shanks have transferred out and we will see what these new transfers bring to the table.  The key to me is with these three: Jones, Walter and McCauley. Avants is solid, but UND is going to need more than that in the post.  If they can match or exceed what Drick and Shanks brought last year, then UND will definitely be in the mix.  If they can't, they will be in the 2nd tier with Sac and PSU.  Geno is talented and will be in the hunt for POY honors with Sanders, Hall, Rorie, Chapman.  I am not concerned with Stewart or Seales.  I think one of the guards (Brown, Jafar, Moody, Trey) will step in and give valuable minutes off the bench. 

Right now I would have UND still in the 5 slot in my preseason rankings.  I still have Idaho pegged as my preseason favorite and you can throw MSU, Griz and Weber anywhere between 2-4 and be justified.  But in no way will this be another 9-22 season unless the wheels totally fall off the wagon.

16 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

There is a lot more questions to this team now that Drick and Shanks have transferred out and we will see what these new transfers bring to the table.  The key to me is with these three: Jones, Walter and McCauley. Avants is solid, but UND is going to need more than that in the post.  If they can match or exceed what Drick and Shanks brought last year, then UND will definitely be in the mix.  If they can't, they will be in the 2nd tier with Sac and PSU.  Geno is talented and will be in the hunt for POY honors with Sanders, Hall, Rorie, Chapman.  I am not concerned with Stewart or Seales.  I think one of the guards (Brown, Jafar, Moody, Trey) will step in and give valuable minutes off the bench. 

Right now I would have UND still in the 5 slot in my preseason rankings.  I still have Idaho pegged as my preseason favorite and you can throw MSU, Griz and Weber anywhere between 2-4 and be justified.  But in now way will this be another 9-22 season unless the wheels totally fall off the wagon.

We don't have to accept it (and can always demand more) but I think we need to expect a bit of a rebuilding type season next year.... but I really do think that 2018-19 will be a special year, barring unforeseen changes. A nice way to start off the Summit era.  All that said, I am not writing off 2017, it's just the pragmatist in me talking. 

Idaho has top 7 back plus starting guard Callandret starter from 15/16.... They are logical top choice.... If you do not  take a good and objective look at every team in the league before spewing out predictions on where teams finish then you are just making uneducated guesses

• Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

Idaho has top 7 back plus starting guard Callandret starter from 15/16.... They are logical top choice.... If you do not  take a good and objective look at every team in the league before spewing out predictions on where teams finish then you are just making uneducated guesses

You thinking I am optimistic with UND in the 5 slot?  I think they are still slightly better than Sac and PSU. I think PSU could be that team that makes a jump into the top 4 if things break right.  Lots of balance.  I do agree that Idaho is the favorite, Weber has Harding and the heralded transfer in Chapman, MSU has Hall and the Griz has balance and depth.  

18 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

You thinking I am optimistic with UND in the 5 slot?  I think they are still slightly better than Sac and PSU. I think PSU could be that team that makes a jump into the top 4 if things break right.  Lots of balance.  I do agree that Idaho is the favorite, Weber has Harding and the heralded transfer in Chapman, MSU has Hall and the Griz has balance and depth.  

Agree with your picks....referring to the other guy projecting UND first year in Summit really doubt he or anybody else has a good idea how the Summit league teams will look in 18/19..

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 11:11 AM, siouxfan512 said:

So are we still waiting to add 1 more player for this season, or are we good to go?

Anyone know when the schedule is going to come out?

Well I saw this:

Ethan Igbanugo, 6'2 Guard from Lakeville announced his commitment to UND.   Scholly or Walk-On?

11 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Well I saw this:

Ethan Igbanugo, 6'2 Guard from Lakeville announced his commitment to UND.   Scholly or Walk-On?

Not sure if he is getting $.  It appears he had committed to Augsburg but must not have signed a NLI - unless they released him.  He averaged 13.5 for Lakeville North - playing with UW recruit Nathan Reuvers.

3 hours ago, UND Fan said:

Not sure if he is getting $.  It appears he had committed to Augsburg but must not have signed a NLI - unless they released him.  He averaged 13.5 for Lakeville North - playing with UW recruit Nathan Reuvers.

Tom Miller tweeted he's a walk-on. 

Any rumors out there on who we are playing in non-conference?  I have turned up nothing in my searches.  Even the usual diving for NAIA teams has come up empty.  

Supposedly NDSUs is coming out tomorrow, so we will know the official dates for the two matchups. (According to a poster over on that other board :p). I hope they are more spread out that they were last year.