SiouxSports.com Forum

#15 UND (22-9) vs #2 Arizona (30-4) 3/16 8:50 NCAA 1st Round

SWSiouxMN

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

A ants has been nothing but a speed bump in this one. This is just not a good matchup for him. Shanks has been much better. Drick is looking good and Geno needs to settle in because he is our only athelte that can go at them.

I know zero about basketball, but Avants looks so out of place athletically in this one it's ridiculous.....

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

A ants has been nothing but a speed bump in this one. This is just not a good matchup for him. Shanks has been much better. Drick is looking good and Geno needs to settle in because he is our only athelte that can go at them.

even when gets a good look it rolls off the rim.  Not a good night for him.

It's funny hearing you all break this down like we had a chance... It's great to see them playing in the tourney and at the first commercial break we had a lead..  That is a win here in my book.   If we cover (+17) that'll be a win as well.   I suspect Arizona will slow it down here and save their energy for the long road ahead and not completely embarrass us.   

• Downvote 1

Just now, hockey10 said:

It's funny hearing you all break this down like we had a chance... It's great to see them playing in the tourney and at the first commercial break we had a lead..  That is a win here in my book.   If we cover (+17) that'll be a win as well.   I suspect Arizona will slow it down here and save their energy for the long road ahead and not completely embarrass us.   

Our chance was playing a clean near perfect game.... Not exactly doing that right now

1 minute ago, hockey10 said:

Yep, not even sure why the 15 or 16 seed teams show up to these. What's an upset? That NEVER happens. You sound dumb counting any team out before the game happens. Even if they were unlikely to win, that doesn't mean there aren't areas of the game they could have handled better.

Win or lose, I'd rather see a Baldwin 3 over a Avants hook shot.

Win or lose, I'd like to see hooker hit a few more pull up jumpers, which he is capable of.

Win or lose, we can't miss this many free throws.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Yep, not even sure why the 15 or 16 seed teams show up to these. What's an upset? That NEVER happens. You sound dumb counting any team out before the game happens. Even if they were unlikely to win, that doesn't mean there aren't areas of the game they could have handled better.

Well statistically the 16's really shouldn't show up (win 0% of the time).   The 15's, just about the same results (win 6% of the time).   But sure I sound dumb,  not realistic.   

• Downvote 2

Just now, hockey10 said:

Well statistically the 16's really shouldn't show up (win 0% of the time).   The 15's, just about the same results (win 6% of the time).   But sure I sound dumb,  not realistic.   

#15 Middle Tennessee State U took out #2 Michigan State just last year.  It's only a matter of time before a #1 goes down in the first round.

• Upvote 1

Just now, hockey10 said:

At least we agree on 1 thing.

Obviously the chance is minimal. But evendors if the odds are against you ot you are going to lose, doesn't mean you cant play up to or above your potential against a superior opponent.

Just now, MafiaMan said:

OK, not a fan of the GIGANTIC names on the back of the jerseys...

I'm not getting a basketball jersey from you.....no....no....I mean it'd have to look really cool.....no....wait.....the answer is no. 

Just now, MafiaMan said:

#15 Middle Tennessee State U took out #2 Michigan State just last year.  It's only a matter of time before a #1 goes down in the first round.

wasn't #16 SDSU within 4 pts of #1 Gonzaga at half today? Yes I know it didn't end close. 

Just now, Wildfan said:

wasn't #16 SDSU within 4 pts of #1 Gonzaga at half today? Yes I know it didn't end close. 

Yep. And it will happen evetually. HistorI games are minimal in number compared to a unlimited future of possibilities. It will happen at some point.

29 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Never imagined back in my day that I'd be watching North Dakota during March Madness.  No matter how this ends - and it's not looking good - this is still pretty cool to see.

I figured we'd win the Big Sky  (or Summit League) at some point. I hipe one day that our men's and women's teams will be good enough to get an At Large bid and/or a seed where we have a decent shot a winning (let's say 12 or better).