Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
SWSiouxMN

#15 UND (22-9) vs #2 Arizona (30-4) 3/16 8:50 NCAA 1st Round

Recommended Posts

I pick Cortez Seales to steal the show tonight. To win we need someone to go way over and beyond. Cortez will have a monster night. He can't be stopped when he decides to go to the basket. We need about 25 from him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

You forgot VB. Conference title. NCAA tournament. And COTY.

No. I'm talking about what the UND Athletics sports info department is dealing with right now

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ArtVandalay said:

I'm here. No band. No cheerleaders. Even the Jacks have band and cheerleaders. This may seem trivial but their absence to me is unacceptable. Implies that no one thought this through or some dumb people are making some decisions. A trip to NCAA basketball tournament is a wonderful marketing opportunity to showcase your university. Now, we will be the school that has fight song being played over PA. All the bands and cheerleaders were even at respective practice/media sessions yesterday. Weak damn sauce!

Cheerleaders are here (talked to a few of them last night) but the band is not.  I assume that is because of spring break and the $ needed to get them here.  I don't know if I like it but we have hired a local high school band that is to be really good to "make some noise" for us.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Cheerleaders are here (talked to a few of them last night) but the band is not.  I assume that is because of spring break and the $ needed to get them here.  I don't know if I like it but we have hired a local high school band that is to be really good to "make some noise" for us.

Really glad the cheerleaders made it, not surprised about the band. Interesting move to hire a local high school band. That's a pretty cool thing for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AJS said:

Really glad the cheerleaders made it, not surprised about the band. Interesting move to hire a local high school band. That's a pretty cool thing for them. 

It actually happens more often than you'd think. Deadspin had an article on something like it a few years back. Nice to hear the cheerleaders are there and the University did something beyond giving the PA announcer a recording of the school song.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I pick Cortez Seales to steal the show tonight. To win we need someone to go way over and beyond. Cortez will have a monster night. He can't be stopped when he decides to go to the basket. We need about 25 from him.

Not sure we will get much inside game.  It would be nice if Cortez can work his magic.  I think the sleeper is Baldwin.  He may have more open shots than either Q or G.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, AJS said:

Really glad the cheerleaders made it, not surprised about the band. Interesting move to hire a local high school band. That's a pretty cool thing for them. 

I understand Pres Kennedy wasn't too pleased that we had neither cheerleaders or our bank in Reno.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

I understand Pres Kennedy wasn't too pleased that we had neither cheerleaders or our bank in Reno.

You are correct, sir. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“I think their guards are as good of a tandem as we've faced, especially when you look at their production,” Miller said. “They combine for about 35 points per game.”

Hooker, a 6-foot senior, averages 19.1 points per game this season, shooting 47 percent from the field, 44 percent from 3, and 88 percent from the charity stripe. He also averages 3.6 assists and 1.8 steals per game.

Crandall, a 6-foot-3 sophomore, is posting 15.6 points and a team-high 4.3 assists and 2.1 steals per content. He shoots 50 percent from the field and 36 percent from 3.

“They do it both on defense and offense,” Miller said. “If you look at their steals, they really disrupt the other team. I think they combine for about five steals a game. But they're pesky, they set the tone for their defense.“But [North Dakota is a] very well coached, tough team. When you win your regular season, which we did, and then you win your conference tournament, I think it says a lot about kind of your heart. And I think they're a team that has a big heart. And it's going to be a tough game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the best/only way to win this game is the 4 guard (q, geno, corey, and tez) 1 forward (drick/avants) combination and hope the three's drop and those two forwards stay out of foul trouble....this should be fun!!

 

und 65

az 64

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems wrong to have the Bison news channel reporting from the game! 

Couldn't WDAZ sports go there, or are both there and I'm watching the wrong channel?

 

Edit, just seen it is on WDAZ! That looks better...:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

Also, SDSU does not have an eight time national champion hockey team playing this weekend with the national tournament on the line. It is safe to say we have a bit more going on than they do right now. Some of you need to take a step back from the ledge and pop a xanex. 

Same old thing for hockey. They should take a backseat this weekend. UND and "ol' time hockey" are the butt of all jokes amongst people who realize football and basketball is where the potential really lies. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched the VNL sports cast from SLC.  Beth Houle (sp?) reported that's Geno is battling an injured ankle.  Did he injure it in the conference tourney?  I don't recall seeing or hearing anything about it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

Just watched the VNL sports cast from SLC.  Beth Houle (sp?) reported that's Geno is battling an injured ankle.  Did he injure it in the conference tourney?  I don't recall seeing or hearing anything about it?

He injured it late against Weber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

every time their seven footer is on the court send drick up to screen about 26 feet away and let geno or q drive and kick...guys need to make those shots tho!! make the 7 footer move around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got two game beer options. Labat Blue, my go to for football. Apparent Horizon from Schells Noble Star Collection. I'll start with the blue collar beer and if the mojo isn't right I'll swith to the fancy stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

He injured it late against Weber

Hmmm, I watched the game but don't really recall the injury.  Hopefully nothing too serious.  We will need him to play well, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

every time their seven footer is on the court send drick up to screen about 26 feet away and let geno or q drive and kick...guys need to make those shots tho!! make the 7 footer move around

They have two seven footers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dmksioux said:

Hmmm, I watched the game but don't really recall the injury.  Hopefully nothing too serious.  We will need him to play well, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

It didn't seem major and he wasn't limping badly or laying on the ground for long. Not a very noticible injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, UND Fan said:

I understand Pres Kennedy wasn't too pleased that we had neither cheerleaders or our bank in Reno.

Good. He should be displeased. I have a good feeling President Kennedy will move UND DI athletics in a positive direction by better prioritizing football and basketball at a true DI level. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

the best/only way to win this game is the 4 guard (q, geno, corey, and tez) 1 forward (drick/avants) combination and hope the three's drop and those two forwards stay out of foul trouble....this should be fun!!

 

und 65

az 64

I agree. That is UND's best lineup and chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×