SiouxSports.com Forum

#15 UND (22-9) vs #2 Arizona (30-4) 3/16 8:50 NCAA 1st Round

SWSiouxMN

1 hour ago, ArtVandalay said:

I'm here. No band. No cheerleaders. Even the Jacks have band and cheerleaders. This may seem trivial but their absence to me is unacceptable. Implies that no one thought this through or some dumb people are making some decisions. A trip to NCAA basketball tournament is a wonderful marketing opportunity to showcase your university. Now, we will be the school that has fight song being played over PA. All the bands and cheerleaders were even at respective practice/media sessions yesterday. Weak damn sauce!

Cheerleaders are here (talked to a few of them last night) but the band is not.  I assume that is because of spring break and the $ needed to get them here.  I don't know if I like it but we have hired a local high school band that is to be really good to "make some noise" for us.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Cheerleaders are here (talked to a few of them last night) but the band is not.  I assume that is because of spring break and the $ needed to get them here.  I don't know if I like it but we have hired a local high school band that is to be really good to "make some noise" for us.

Really glad the cheerleaders made it, not surprised about the band. Interesting move to hire a local high school band. That's a pretty cool thing for them. 

7 minutes ago, AJS said:

Really glad the cheerleaders made it, not surprised about the band. Interesting move to hire a local high school band. That's a pretty cool thing for them. 

It actually happens more often than you'd think. Deadspin had an article on something like it a few years back. Nice to hear the cheerleaders are there and the University did something beyond giving the PA announcer a recording of the school song.

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I pick Cortez Seales to steal the show tonight. To win we need someone to go way over and beyond. Cortez will have a monster night. He can't be stopped when he decides to go to the basket. We need about 25 from him.

Not sure we will get much inside game.  It would be nice if Cortez can work his magic.  I think the sleeper is Baldwin.  He may have more open shots than either Q or G.

43 minutes ago, AJS said:

I understand Pres Kennedy wasn't too pleased that we had neither cheerleaders or our bank in Reno.

• Upvote 2

“I think their guards are as good of a tandem as we've faced, especially when you look at their production,” Miller said. “They combine for about 35 points per game.”

Hooker, a 6-foot senior, averages 19.1 points per game this season, shooting 47 percent from the field, 44 percent from 3, and 88 percent from the charity stripe. He also averages 3.6 assists and 1.8 steals per game.

Crandall, a 6-foot-3 sophomore, is posting 15.6 points and a team-high 4.3 assists and 2.1 steals per content. He shoots 50 percent from the field and 36 percent from 3.

“They do it both on defense and offense,” Miller said. “If you look at their steals, they really disrupt the other team. I think they combine for about five steals a game. But they're pesky, they set the tone for their defense.“But [North Dakota is a] very well coached, tough team. When you win your regular season, which we did, and then you win your conference tournament, I think it says a lot about kind of your heart. And I think they're a team that has a big heart. And it's going to be a tough game

7 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

Also, SDSU does not have an eight time national champion hockey team playing this weekend with the national tournament on the line. It is safe to say we have a bit more going on than they do right now. Some of you need to take a step back from the ledge and pop a xanex. 

Same old thing for hockey. They should take a backseat this weekend. UND and "ol' time hockey" are the butt of all jokes amongst people who realize football and basketball is where the potential really lies. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

every time their seven footer is on the court send drick up to screen about 26 feet away and let geno or q drive and kick...guys need to make those shots tho!! make the 7 footer move around

They have two seven footers...

Just now, dmksioux said:

Hmmm, I watched the game but don't really recall the injury.  Hopefully nothing too serious.  We will need him to play well, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

It didn't seem major and he wasn't limping badly or laying on the ground for long. Not a very noticible injury.

5 hours ago, UND Fan said:

I understand Pres Kennedy wasn't too pleased that we had neither cheerleaders or our bank in Reno.

Good. He should be displeased. I have a good feeling President Kennedy will move UND DI athletics in a positive direction by better prioritizing football and basketball at a true DI level. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

the best/only way to win this game is the 4 guard (q, geno, corey, and tez) 1 forward (drick/avants) combination and hope the three's drop and those two forwards stay out of foul trouble....this should be fun!!

und 65

az 64

I agree. That is UND's best lineup and chance.