Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SiouxVolley

Any word on the WNIT bid?

Recommended Posts

I'm no WNIT selection expert by any means but my bud spoke to a few lady Hawks players this evening at the Betty and attendance plays a part to some degree (it's not totally just about seeding) so that might perhaps help UND in getting a home game, will see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

I'm no WNIT selection expert by any means but my bud spoke to a few lady Hawks players this evening at the Betty and attendance plays a part to some degree (it's not totally just about seeding) so that might perhaps help UND in getting a home game, will see. 

Attendance doesn't mean squat except higher attendance means you can bid more. Both SDSU and USD will be in the WNIT. Both will likely host meaning, since the WNIT is also regional UND, will likely be in Vermilion or Brookings for a game. Unless your AD wants to throw big money to host (not likely).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, jacksfan29 said:

Attendance doesn't mean squat except higher attendance means you can bid more. Both SDSU and USD will be in the WNIT. Both will likely host meaning, since the WNIT is also regional UND, will likely be in Vermilion or Brookings for a game. Unless your AD wants to throw big money to host (not likely).

So..., per your point, it appears attendance does mean something (or can) then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pairings were to be announced at 11:30 EDT but I can't find them yet.  I talked to my brother in CO an hour or so ago, he knew when/where CSU was playing but I didn't ask him how he found out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did I miss it or is the GF Herald's sports staff too overwhelmed to have some coverage of the UND women's BB team and their game tonight? I'm only checking the online articles.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Did I miss it or is the GF Herald's sports staff too overwhelmed to have some coverage of the UND women's BB team and their game tonight? I'm only checking the online articles.  

Could they have written an article, yes.  But they are probably stretched pretty thin, yes also.  State B, UND BB, MN HS BB.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Could they have written an article, yes.  But they are probably stretched pretty thin, yes also.  State B, UND BB, MN HS BB.  

No excuse. Conference Champs and WNIT bid is a big deal anytime our MBB or WBB teams are in.  The herald staff should be able to read a schedule, know that we have 3 UND teams in tourney's this week and HS BB.  Get stories and photos Sun, Mon, Tues for yesterday and today.  Work with UND's SID or hire the Dakota Student reporter to help with UND coverage or send an intern to cover HS stories.  Disappointing.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

No excuse. Conference Champs and WNIT bid is a big deal anytime our MBB or WBB teams are in.  The herald staff should be able to read a schedule, know that we have 3 UND teams in tourney's this week and HS BB.  Get stories and photos Sun, Mon, Tues for yesterday and today.  Work with UND's SID or hire the Dakota Student reporter to help with UND coverage or send an intern to cover HS stories.  Disappointing.

You might not have to worry about it much longer if this keeps up. Uggh. Not worth writing about if you ask me, right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

re Herald coverage:  The peeps that cover NDSU are just twiddling their thumbs, :D  so there's more resources at Forum Communications that could have been tapped.

Rather have no coverage than let those dorks do it for us. Gross. :D

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×