SiouxSports.com Forum

Coach Jones?

darell1976

So we are stuck with a coach who hasn't won anything, including DII? Sorry but I want a winner at UND, and it seems like the women's sports and outperforming the men's sports.

We all do. And I don't know how much longer Jones will be employed but if you think that the ultimatum next year is to win the BSC tourney or be fired with what will be two years remaining on his contract, you are wrong (unless of course you plan on writing a check to make it happen, then be all means, speculate away). There is a lot more that will play into it than that. In fact, with what UND is losing after this year and what some of the other teams are returning, going dancing next year would be a pretty amazing feat.

The women could beat the men at basketball, they know how to rebound, and Brewster knows how to control the attitudes of his players. Jones lets his guys do whatever, and they couldn't outrebound Central.

I rest my case about you being delusional. And what about last year, did Brewster not know how to control his players?

So we are stuck with a coach who hasn't won anything, including DII? Sorry but I want a winner at UND, and it seems like the women's sports and outperforming the men's sports. The women could beat the men at basketball, they know how to rebound, and Brewster knows how to control the attitudes of his players. Jones lets his guys do whatever, and they couldn't outrebound Central.

That might be the most propsterous thing I have ever heard. How is anyone going to take you seriously after a statement like that? Wow!!!

We all do. And I don't know how much longer Jones will be employed but if you think that the ultimatum next year is to win the BSC tourney or be fired with what will be two years remaining on his contract, you are wrong. There is a lot more that will play into it than that. In fact, with what UND is losing after this year and what some of the other teams are returning, going dancing next year would be a pretty amazing feat.

I rest my case about you being delusional.

Which is why UND shouldn't lose to teams like Cal Poly, Bowling Green and fricking Southern Utah!! He is a joke of a coach, same with Mussman and Faison had to problem firing him. I guess you have to look at attendance, and if Jones stumbles early next season people won't show up and he will be in the same boat as Mussman. You don't think the women sports are out performing the mens sports? That example of the women beating the men was sarcastic and if you can't see that...your delusional.

That might be the most propsterous thing I have ever heard. How is anyone going to take you seriously after a statement like that? Wow!!!

The men are horrible at rebounding. People said that UND's defense (football) couldn't match up against high school teams. Its a way to say it is horrible. If you think our rebounding is great you are proposterous.

Jones is the last coach from the transition that hasn't been fired. Brewster has worked out quite well. Bubba appears to be doing alright with cleaning up the mess that was left for him, but we don't know yet. Faison has fired the softball, volleyball, and swimming coaches and brought in somebody new. I cannot believe Jones has much leash left, considering its not unbelievable to think a good coach could come in here and win the Big Sky or at least make championship game immediately with the talent that is in place.

• Upvote 2

Jones is the last coach from the transition that hasn't been fired. Brewster has worked out quite well. Bubba appears to be doing alright with cleaning up the mess that was left for him, but we don't know yet. Faison has fired the softball, volleyball, and swimming coaches and brought in somebody new. I cannot believe Jones has much leash left, considering its not unbelievable to think a good coach could come in here and win the Big Sky or at least make championship game immediately with the talent that is in place.

Only Hardee was fired due to off-field problems, or else he would still be coaching, but his replacement has a hell of a reputation at Baylor. What is wrong with firing Jones when his track record has this team never seeing a conference title or a regular season title. I know UND had some good runs in the GWC tournament but this is not Utah Valley, South Dakota, and NJIT. This is Montana, Weber State and Southern Utah.

So we are stuck with a coach who hasn't won anything, including DII? Sorry but I want a winner at UND, and it seems like the women's sports and outperforming the men's sports. The women could beat the men at basketball, they know how to rebound, and Brewster knows how to control the attitudes of his players. Jones lets his guys do whatever, and they couldn't outrebound Central.

You have said countless amounts of stupid !@$! on this board but I am going to go out on a limb and say this post makes your top 10. Congrats.

You have said countless amounts of stupid !@$! on this board but I am going to go out on a limb and say this post makes your top 10. Congrats.

Why is it stupid? You like having Jones as coach? Do you not see Faison hiring a good replacement, please enlighten us.

Which is why UND shouldn't lose to teams like Cal Poly, Bowling Green and fricking Southern Utah!! He is a joke of a coach, same with Mussman and Faison had to problem firing him. I guess you have to look at attendance, and if Jones stumbles early next season people won't show up and he will be in the same boat as Mussman. You don't think the women sports are out performing the mens sports? That example of the women beating the men was sarcastic and if you can't see that...your delusional.

From how excited you get to bump this thread, I have a hard time figuring out what is and isn't sarcastic. And yes, I guess if we are looking at one year periods, the women are outperforming the men. But I guess that means Brewster should have been fired last year since the men outperformed the women? One has very little to do with the other.

What is wrong with firing Jones when his track record has this team never seeing a conference title or a regular season title. I know UND had some good runs in the GWC tournament but this is not Utah Valley, South Dakota, and NJIT. This is Montana, Weber State and Southern Utah.

Jones won the tournament the last two years in the GWC, so there are two conference tournament championships you are leaving out. Yeah, they were in the Great West, but guess at that point, I'm not sure what other tournament you are going to argue they could win. I guess if we are looking at what he has done in the Big Sky, he's 0-2 in regular season titles (with two 3rd place finishes) and currently 0-1 in post-season titles (losing to the eventually champs in the semi's).

From how excited you get to bump this thread, I have a hard time figuring out what is and isn't sarcastic. And yes, I guess if we are looking at one year periods, the women are outperforming the men. But I guess that means Brewster should have been fired last year since the men outperformed the women? One has very little to do with the other.

Jones won the tournament the last two years in the GWC. I guess if we are looking at what he has done in the Big Sky, he's 0-2 in regular season titles (with two 3rd place finishes) and currently 0-1 in post-season titles (losing to the eventually champs in the semi's).

Last year was Brewster's first year of coaching, 2006-07 was Jones's first year, Jones was 26-32 in the NCC, 60-64 in the GWC, yep, Jones is my hero (Sarcastic!)

Jones won the tournament the last two years in the GWC, so there are two conference tournament championships you are leaving out. Yeah, they were in the Great West, but guess at that point, I'm not sure what other tournament you are going to argue they could win. I guess if we are looking at what he has done in the Big Sky, he's 0-2 in regular season titles (with two 3rd place finishes) and currently 0-1 in post-season titles (losing to the eventually champs in the semi's).

I bump the thread to keep the game thread clear, as the Jones bashing was going on if you didn't notice.

The men are horrible at rebounding. People said that UND's defense (football) couldn't match up against high school teams. Its a way to say it is horrible. If you think our rebounding is great you are proposterous.

Did you read what you said? And what I commented on? I even bolded it and made it bigger so you would notice it. You said "The women could beat the men right now." That is the statment I was referring to as proposterous. I agree that the mens team is awful at rebounding. But to say that they would lose to to the womens team? Absolutely rediculous. Not only are you propsterous with your statements, but you can add not that bright when it comes to reading either!!

Did you read what you said? And what I commented on? I even bolded it and made it bigger so you would notice it. You said "The women could beat the men right now." That is the statment I was referring to as proposterous. I agree that the mens team is awful at rebounding. But to say that they would lose to to the womens team? Absolutely rediculous. Not only are you propsterous with your statements, but you can add not that bright when it comes to reading either!!

:crazy:

Proving my point. Not that bright. :lol:

So by saying UND couldn't outrebound Central is not being bright in reading. Its called saracsim. If a player is horrible you could say he wouldn't beat a HS team, is it true no, but it makes it sound like he is horrible. I said the women could beat the men, could they no, but it proves the men are bad. They lost to a team with an NAIA win. UND women just won the BSC regular season title. Maybe Jones should take notes on how to rebound with the 314th rebounding team in the NCAA, the women were in the top 10 in rebounding margin. Women know how to win on the road, Jones don't. Its shocking when the men do win on the road. Its funny how a person can have an opinion and if its not popular that person is "not bright". I hope your opinion is wrong sometime and someone says you aren't bright.

I think he was using hyperbole to make a point. I am surprised our fan base doesn't understand such a simple concept. darell1976 is getting the same treatment I get for pointing out harsh truths and then having the nerve to demand something be done about it. And I imagine there are a number of well-off alumni who are probably sick of the mediocrity that has plagued the Men's BB program for about 10 years now and will be more than willing to write a check to buy out Jones.

Flame away, I am used to it.

• Upvote 1

I think he was using hyperbole to make a point. I am surprised our fan base doesn't understand such a simple concept. darell1976 is getting the same treatment I get for pointing out harsh truths and then having the nerve to demand something be done about it. And I imagine there are a number of well-off alumni who are probably sick of the mediocrity that has plagued the Men's BB program for about 10 years now and will be more than willing to write a check to buy out Jones.

Flame away, I am used to it.

Thank you!!

This is all true, but Faison will not fire Jones unless he has a horrible losing season. Not winning the BSC tournament will not hurt Jones job one bit, because, well, the expectations of the men's bball program does not include making the dance every year, unfortunately.

So by saying UND couldn't outrebound Central is not being bright in reading. Its called saracsim. If a player is horrible you could say he wouldn't beat a HS team, is it true no, but it makes it sound like he is horrible. I said the women could beat the men, could they no, but it proves the men are bad. They lost to a team with an NAIA win. UND women just won the BSC regular season title. Maybe Jones should take notes on how to rebound with the 314th rebounding team in the NCAA, the women were in the top 10 in rebounding margin. Women know how to win on the road, Jones don't. Its shocking when the men do win on the road. Its funny how a person can have an opinion and if its not popular that person is "not bright". I hope your opinion is wrong sometime and someone says you aren't bright.

You are not even making sense. SO by you saying the women could beat the men, then saying "well mybe not" proves the men are bad? Crack the 6 pack a little early this morning?

I get the point you are trying to make about the men not playing well yesterday. But don't make stupid statements like our womens team could beat our mens team and that they would be out rebouded by a high school team. I get it. You think the team is playing bad. But saying stupid things like that will cause you to lose all credibility for any future things ou say. But hey, its a free country. You can say all the rediculous, propesterous things wou want to say!! YOu're pretty good at it!! :)

Women know how to win on the road, Jones don't. Its shocking when the men do win on the road.

Actually after two years of Big Sky play, only Weber and Montana have won more conference games on the road than has North Dakota.

Now non-conference road games are another story.

All I ever hear is how difficult it is to win on the road in the Big Sky. UND has been fairly successful at it.

So by saying UND couldn't outrebound Central is not being bright in reading. Its called saracsim. If a player is horrible you could say he wouldn't beat a HS team, is it true no, but it makes it sound like he is horrible. I said the women could beat the men, could they no, but it proves the men are bad. They lost to a team with an NAIA win. UND women just won the BSC regular season title. Maybe Jones should take notes on how to rebound with the 314th rebounding team in the NCAA, the women were in the top 10 in rebounding margin.

So because you said the women could beat the men, it proves they are horrible? The men finished 3rd for the second year in a row, you make it sound like they finished dead last.

Women know how to win on the road, Jones don't. Its shocking when the men do win on the road. Its funny how a person can have an opinion and if its not popular that person is "not bright". I hope your opinion is wrong sometime and someone says you aren't bright.

In conference play, the women were 6-4 on the road and the men were 4-6, not exactly the huge disparity you are trying to make it out to be.

You are using that word quite liberally by using it to describe some of his arguments.

No one is denying last night's game was unacceptable, but some people need to take a step back and fight the urge to run to their computer to demand someone lose their job everytime they see a result they don't like.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

You are using that word quite liberally by using it to describe some of his arguments.

No one is denying last night's game was unacceptable, but some people need to take a step back and fight the urge to run to their computer to demand someone lose their job everytime they see a result they don't like.

You love those CIT tournaments don't you.

• Upvote 1