SiouxSports.com Forum

Coach Jones?

darell1976

2 hours ago, southpaw said:

Can UND post a job for a super low level athletic department employee, just happen to hire a guy who is good at coaching basketball and then "promote" from within a day later?  Keeps the hiring process under the radar.

I love this idea.  Would love to see Chad Walthall sweeping floors next week. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, southpaw said:

Can UND post a job for a super low level athletic department employee, just happen to hire a guy who is good at coaching basketball and then "promote" from within a day later?  Keeps the hiring process under the radar.

This exact thought crossed my mind yeaterday 

23 hours ago, southpaw said:

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

This exact thought crossed my mind yeaterday 

I'm pretty sure that every employee hired at UND, like at most employers, has a trial or probation period. These employees on probation do not have the same rights as a permanent employee, so I don't believe they would be eligible for the immediate promotion. They would not be eligible until the end of their probation period (I think that most probationary periods are 90 days, I've heard of 6 month and 1 year periods for some jobs). They could apply for the better job as a part of the open application period. It would be pretty hard to hide a good basketball coach for 90 or more days.

1 hour ago, 82SiouxGuy said:

I'm pretty sure that every employee hired at UND, like at most employers, has a trial or probation period. These employees on probation do not have the same rights as a permanent employee, so I don't believe they would be eligible for the immediate promotion. They would not be eligible until the end of their probation period (I think that most probationary periods are 90 days, I've heard of 6 month and 1 year periods for some jobs). They could apply for the better job as a part of the open application period. It would be pretty hard to hide a good basketball coach for 90 or more days.

Way to ruin a great idea.