SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Dance Media Coverage

homer

23 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

.meeting was not an optional one....

Why are so sure? Were you in the meeting? Did you get a memo about the meeting? You seem to know a lot about this so-called mandatory meeting, so please share with everyone. 

Yah it's a miracle we are able to recruit anyone with mistakes like that. Oh wait what about the four banners? Yes obviously something went wrong we do not know what. Did you hear KFAN say Jone's voice mail was full? I think he has a little on his plate. There are at least 50 things more important to recruiting than 7 minutes on KFAN. They get stood up all the  time because things happen. Guess what UND makes the tourny next year and KFAN will be calling again. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Is he getting a contract extension?

If this source and their reports of a "mandatory" meeting is to be believed, I'd surmise that it is more related to all of Athletics. 

If it was a "just Jones" or "just MBB" meeting, Faison is smart enough to delay that for a radio interview. 

2 hours ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

Barreiro taking sarcastic shots at Jones & UND coming out of the break...

What was supposed to be a positive discussion about the UND Basketball Program and their 1st trip to the Big Dance will now be an occasional running sarcastic joke on KFAN's highest rated program for some time...sigh.

A running sarcastic joke will give UND more PR than a 5 min interview would!!  Smart move by Jones!!;)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

Barreiro taking sarcastic shots at Jones & UND coming out of the break...

What was supposed to be a positive discussion about the UND Basketball Program and their 1st trip to the Big Dance will now be an occasional running sarcastic joke on KFAN's highest rated program for some time...sigh.

Seriously, KFAN - Justin, Barreiro, and PA have been taking shots at UND for decades.  Now, I would agree someone at UND should have called to reschedule.  But, KFAN could have been more mature about it also.  It's not like UND has cut them some slack when slanderous claims have been made on KFAN airwaves before.  Classic KFAN, please be nice to us when they drop the ball.  But, screw you at the next chance possible.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Since you seem to know that factoid, do tell of the outcomes because if it was that important I'm pretty sure we can all surmise the subject matter. 

Naive to think Jones was involved with setting up the interview or that it was his personal responsibility to deal directly with KFAN with respect to scheduling conflict...blame jones all you want if it makes you happy...but that is not how things work

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FSSD said:

Seriously, KFAN - Justin, Barreiro, and PA have been taking shots at UND for decades.  Now, I would agree someone at UND should have called to reschedule.  But, KFAN could have been more mature about it also.  It's not like UND has cut them some slack when slanderous claims have been made on KFAN airwaves before.  Classic KFAN, please be nice to us when they drop the ball.  But, screw you at the next chance possible.

You couldn't be more wrong.  BTW, who does the play by play for UND football and some basketball?  What station in Fargo is an affiliate of KFAN that airs the play by play that the said play by play announcer works for?  Where can we all go to listen to the games on our phones and computers?  KFAN was doing this because of their connection to UND.   This isn't Beyond the Maroon and Gold Pond and Pat Micheletti  that we are talking about.  You don't think that Justin Gaard knows Jack is associated with UND and was trying to get the good feelings going for all of the alum in Minneapolis?  You know nothing about how KFAN works and don't go to the KFAN is anti UND card. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

Naive to think Jones was involved with setting up the interview or that it was his personal responsibility to deal directly with KFAN with respect to scheduling conflict...blame jones all you want if it makes you happy...but that is not how things work

As near as I can tell the meeting came up and Jones never told his SID that he could no longer make it on air.  Does that sound plausible?  

1 minute ago, UND-1 said:

As near as I can tell the meeting came up and Jones never told his SID that he could no longer make it on air.  Does that sound plausible?  

Yes however KFAN was in contact with UND SID and did not convey the knowledge that Jones was done...they expressed opinion that Jones might still call in a little late....Plenty of blame to go around 

25 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

You couldn't be more wrong.  BTW, who does the play by play for UND football and some basketball?  What station in Fargo is an affiliate of KFAN that airs the play by play that the said play by play announcer works for?  Where can we all go to listen to the games on our phones and computers?  KFAN was doing this because of their connection to UND.   This isn't Beyond the Maroon and Gold Pond and Pat Micheletti  that we are talking about.  You don't think that Justin Gaard knows Jack is associated with UND and was trying to get the good feelings going for all of the alum in Minneapolis?  You know nothing about how KFAN works and don't go to the KFAN is anti UND card. 

What couldn't have been more wrong?  That they could have been more professional about how they handled the situation with an affiliate school.  I get the relationship.  I have heard plenty of shots at UND over the years during the drive time.  Not saying that some are not deserved.  But, there have been plenty that were not deserved and I am not talking about Beyond the Pond.  I totally get the bit in that context.

4 hours ago, UND-1 said:

To be honest, this is the sh*t we have been talking about for years.  Ignorant, arrogant, indifferent....whatever term you want to use.  

Make people LIKE you.  Don't do sh*t like this.  

Basically, WWBD.  (what would Bubba do)

This is why the UND athletic dept. was looking forward to a new head mbb coach before the success of this season. Like others have mentioned, one tremendous season doesn't erase all faults. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1