SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC Frozen Faceoff - Xcel Energy Center

AZSIOUX

Great news on the late game, means we can leave a little later, like 7am.  This also means 3-4 thousand more UND fans in the seats.  Did the NCHC finally get it that this is a money thing too?  My speculation is that Denver didn't want to play a 3pm(their time) game. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, krustyklown said:

I do see that single-day Friday tickets are for sale via the TC site.  But @ $71.50/ticket. The seat was in 113.

What section were you looking at for $21.50/ticket?

When you are on the Friday Single Session page, you need to click the Select Price Range button, not the Get Best Available Seats.  The $21.50 ($31.20) seats are upper level GA.

25 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

Great news on the late game, means we can leave a little later, like 7am.  This also means 3-4 thousand more UND fans in the seats.  Did the NCHC finally get it that this is a money thing too?  My speculation is that Denver didn't want to play a 3pm(their time) game. 

So when #1 seed UND played at 4:00 pm, it's because we got screwed over by the WCHA and the Gopher Rule.  Then when we played at 4:00 pm in the NCHC, it's because the #1 seed needs the rest and likes the extra time off before playing on Saturday or avoids the quick turn-around in the 3rd place game.  Now the #1 seed Denver wants the late start because they're on Mountain Time and doesn't have to interrupt nappy-time in the early afternoon.  :lol:  

#Gopher Rule - the myth is debunked!

4 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

@Godsmack

Well, thanks for nothing!  Had your beer league team WON its game last night, North Dakota would be tied for 10th this morning!  

Totally! We laid a big ole egg, losing 6-3 to the last place team! BUT, I was a plus -2 so don't blame shoddy defense on me!

1 hour ago, Ice Arena Man said:

The green beer sales just went up during the afternoon. Glad to see Minneapolis is welcoming FIGHTING SIOUX FANS BY COLORING THE BEER GREEN AND WEARING GREEN CLOTHING.:silly:

They usually throw us a parade too

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

So when #1 seed UND played at 4:00 pm, it's because we got screwed over by the WCHA and the Gopher Rule.  Then when we played at 4:00 pm in the NCHC, it's because the #1 seed needs the rest and likes the extra time off before playing on Saturday or avoids the quick turn-around in the 3rd place game.  Now the #1 seed Denver wants the late start because they're on Mountain Time and doesn't have to interrupt nappy-time in the early afternoon.  :lol:  

#Gopher Rule - the myth is debunked!

You should read Twitter on this! They are all over the "UND controls the NCHC" conspiracy! Especially the UMD fans...:lol:

29 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

You should read Twitter on this! They are all over the "UND controls the NCHC" conspiracy! Especially the UMD fans...:lol:

I can only imagine what drunken hockey fan/guy is leading that calvary....

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Pfft!! Get back to me when ANYONE ELSES fan base even remotely comes close to rivaling our traveling numbers.  "We'd better give the Bulldogs the late game so their fans will have more time to buy tickets" said no conference official ever...

• Upvote 2