SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC Frozen Faceoff - Xcel Energy Center

AZSIOUX

Attendance at the Frozen Faceoff and the Sioux Falls Regional will be interesting to look at this year.  Will fans choose to go to both?  Or since they are back to back weekend, will fans choose one over the other.  That being said, ?I think attendance at both events is going to be pretty good!! #alwaysahomegame

5 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Current mood

SiouxSports.com:

GPL:

I checked out GPL. Rarely do.

Checked out the recent page of their offseason thread....

Can't believe they are still complaining about the Big Ten Hockey Conference. Isn't it going on like five years now?!

18 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Hey, Moderators, can we change the title of this thread to:

NCHC Frozen Faceoff - Xcel Energy Center

?

I only know how to change the title on a computer, so unless one of the other mods gets it, I'll change it in the morning. 

NCHC Frozen Faceoff - Totties

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, siouxczech29 said:

Where do you expect to see them? 

I did not make such a statement. But, now that the tournament is where it belongs I will be back in attendance. 

I expect to see them at the XCEL, DUH!

There are a lot of people on this board that said they will not go to the NCHC tournament due to it being at the Target Center. I never called anyone out specifically but they know who they are.

• Upvote 1

Now that the tournament is back where it belongs I wonder, what can we expect for attendance?    

I don't see a LOT more people attending now that it's moving back.   10-20% more?   Sure, but not much more than that.   The hard core fans were there at the Target Center, IMO.

That puts this at what?   10,000 fans?   I think Xcel should look into opening only the lower bowl and Club sections for this and charge one price.    It looks so empty when they open the upper deck as well.   If they did want to open the upper deck, may they could just fill the main section that would be visible on camera before filling the other 3 sections (ie: the ends)

Just now, focker said:

Now that the tournament is back where it belongs I wonder, what can we expect for attendance?    

I don't see a LOT more people attending now that it's moving back.   10-20% more?   Sure, but not much more than that.   The hard core fans were there at the Target Center, IMO.

That puts this at what?   10,000 fans?   I think Xcel should look into opening only the lower bowl and Club sections for this and charge one price.    It looks so empty when they open the upper deck as well.   If they did want to open the upper deck, may they could just fill the main section that would be visible on camera before filling the other 3 sections (ie: the ends)

The attendance for last years NCHC was 10,297. Do I think we could expect another 10-20% fan increase, doubtful, but you never know. 

I will be willing to bet that the only thing that changes is the venue, the rest of the cheesy in game promotion and the whiny girls voice will probably still be around. Whoever heads up the marketing for the NCHC should take a real long hard look at revamping how they promote this event because it is no longer the venues fault if it fails.

18 minutes ago, focker said:

12 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

The attendance for last years NCHC was 10,297. Do I think we could expect another 10-20% fan increase, doubtful, but you never know. 

Well. I would consider myself a pretty big UND hockey fan.  I didn't go the first year at the Target Center and after hearing all the nightmares about the TC, I haven't gone to any Frozen Faceoff's.  Now that it is at the Xcel, I will most likely be going.  I know that there are many more like me out there with the same mentality.  

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, focker said:

The "hard core" fans?  I saw plenty of beer-guzzling "casual fans" in the concourse - many of whom never found their way to their seats for the whole entire game!  

10-20% more people equates to an additional 1,000-2,000 fans.  I thnk that's totally doable and am ecstatic about the move back to the X.

• Like 1

For people like me who haven't been to the X since the updates, this video shows some of the impressive things we have to look forward to with the massive new scoreboard and LED screens around the rink. I always thought the hate for Target Ctr was a little overblown but I'm ecstatic to start watching college hockey postseason games at the X again.

• Upvote 2