SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC Frozen Faceoff - Xcel Energy Center

AZSIOUX

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Hopefully this is the straw that breaks the 3rd place game's back.

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I'd be up for getting rid of it.  Have another week of league play and have the top five teams play the....wait for it....NCHC final five.....with no third place game. 

2 hours ago, brianvf said:

Wasn't it two or three years ago when UND won the 3rd place game over WMU and that's what made it possible for them to make the NCAA tourney?

2 hours ago, siouxweet said:

Would there be all this outcry to eliminate the third place game if UND would have lost last night and needed a win today to advance?

If the game is necessary to get UND into the tournament, we play it.  If not, we 86 it and attendance at the Hogg goes thru the roof on Saturday afternoon.

Problem solved. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Now that the weekend is done, anyone have some impressions on the Target Center?  I'll offer up a few:

221, right behind the net.  Great view.  

New scoreboard is nice.

Rap and hip-hop music played every time there was more than a 2-second delay in the WMU/UMD game.  Someone must have gotten the memo that this was not an NBA game as that stopped after about 3-4 stoppages in play.

$14 burgers is NOT my idea of food improvements.  Neither was spending $10 on a single chicken strip and three French Fries that tasted like they had spent the last week under a heat lamp.

The entire arena smells like skunky beer.  I think my clothes smelled the same exact way after I left on Friday.  Gross.

Ice looked horrible.  Watched the replay at home and last night's game as well and lost count of how many times the announcers made the same exact comment.

Overall, worth the $100 I spent to watch two hockey games.  The sooner this event gets back to the Xcel Energy Center, the better.

When's the soonest they could get in the X? 

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Now that the weekend is done, anyone have some impressions on the Target Center?  I'll offer up a few:

221, right behind the net.  Great view.  

New scoreboard is nice.

Rap and hip-hop music played every time there was more than a 2-second delay in the WMU/UMD game.  Someone must have gotten the memo that this was not an NBA game as that stopped after about 3-4 stoppages in play.

$14 burgers is NOT my idea of food improvements.  Neither was spending $10 on a single chicken strip and three French Fries that tasted like they had spent the last week under a heat lamp.

The entire arena smells like skunky beer.  I think my clothes smelled the same exact way after I left on Friday.  Gross.

Ice looked horrible.  Watched the replay at home and last night's game as well and lost count of how many times the announcers made the same exact comment.

Overall, worth the $100 I spent to watch two hockey games.  The sooner this event gets back to the Xcel Energy Center, the better.

yeah, but glass houses on the smell part, MM.

39 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I'll say this is the last year in the Target Center.

1 minute ago, sioux rube said:

Let's hope so. 

I really hope the NCHC will listen to the comments the fans have made about the Target Center and how poor of a venue it is for this tournament. Now that the B1G and the WCHA have abolished their postseason tournaments, it will be easier to book the Xcel Energy Center for our tournament.

• Upvote 1

Anybody else think the coaches have been directed to "speak kindly of their surroundings" when talking about the TC by the league.

Ice is crap, ushers are dicks, arena is a dump, the music is straight out of Compton, food is terrible and triple what it should be, and the get the crowd into it entertainment from the host gal sucks. 

But other than that it's great. 

PS:  Did you see the locker rooms the teams were crammed into?  Come on....

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Anybody else think the coaches have been directed to "speak kindly of their surroundings" when talking about the TC by the league.

Ice is crap, ushers are dicks, arena is a dump, the music is straight out of Compton, food is terrible and triple what it should be, and the get the crowd into it entertainment from the host gal sucks. 

Soooooo...all things considered, Mrs. Kennedy...the weekend in Dallas wasn't so bad?

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Maybe the coaches have to bite their tongues, but we fans don't have to. And we haven't. And I hope the NCHC brass pays attention.

After last year and the usher Nazis, particularly one prick, we had to deal with we won't ever be back to the TC. I told the TC management I/we come down here to enjoy myself/ourselves and spend lots of money for your benefit and bottom line. Your staff's only job is to not ______ that up.

Missioned accomplished..............

• Upvote 1