SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC Frozen Faceoff - Xcel Energy Center

AZSIOUX

(1)DU

(2)UMD

(3)WMU

(4)UND

UND plays DU Friday -- und is 0-1-1 vs du this season. they played in grand forks back in november

UND is 0-4 vs umd this season scoring a total of 5 goals and shutout twice with umd  scoring 17 goals total 

UND is 1-3 vs WMU this season splitting in GF and swept in Kalamazoo 

TV....

Friday

semi #1 4:00 - CBS SPORTS NETWORK

semi #2 7:30 - CBS SPORTS NETWORK

Saturday

NCHC 3rd place game - 3:30 (nchc.tv only) 

NCHC title game - 7:30 - CBS SPORTS NETWORK 

IMG_8688.PNG

10 hours ago, AZSIOUX said:

(1)DU

(2)UMD

(3)WMU or (6)UNO

(4)UND

if UNO wins... UND plays UMD Friday 7:30 -- und is 0-4 vs umd this season scoring a total of 5 goals and shutout twice with umd  scoring 17 goals in the 4 wins

if WMU wins... UND plays DU Friday 4:00 -- und is 1-0-1 vs du this season. they played in grand forks back in november

TV....

Friday

semi #1 4:00 - CBS SPORTS NETWORK

semi #2 7:30 - CBS SPORTS NETWORK

Saturday

NCHC 3rd place game - 3:30 (nchc.tv only) 

NCHC title game - 7:30 - CBS SPORTS NETWORK 

UND is 0-1-1 versus Denver.

• Upvote 1

If the game is on cbs sports will it also be on nchc.tv?   I seem to think that previous years I recall hearing that either the first round playoffs and/or the frozen face off were available to watch online.  Maybe it was just the first round....?

I know the deal with the regular season, if it is televised on cbs sports it isn't available online but wasn't sure if that still was the case with the frozen face off.  I know the 3rd place game is online only. 

14 minutes ago, Handsome Rob said:

If the game is on cbs sports will it also be on nchc.tv?   I seem to think that previous years I recall hearing that either the first round playoffs and/or the frozen face off were available to watch online.  Maybe it was just the first round....?

I know the deal with the regular season, if it is televised on cbs sports it isn't available online but wasn't sure if that still was the case with the frozen face off.  I know the 3rd place game is online only. 

The playoff pass is the quarterfinal games and the 3rd place game.  Semi Final games are not available.  Never have been since they are on CBS SportsNetwork. 

• Upvote 1

This goes back even to the last year or so the X, but teams already in the NCAA tourney have really played like dogs in the final five and Frozen Face-Off. North Dakota and Omaha have better chances to win if those top teams do that again.

• Upvote 1

That's my take on the Frozen Face-Off it only matters to the teams fighting for a spot, those that are a lock play with much less intensity - although that is tougher to do in hockey than other sports. With UND fighting for a higher see perhaps they go in with some intensity. I've gone three years in a row and know I haven't seen many UND wins. 

28 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Noticed UND has a 7% chance to win two games this weekend.

Edit: I'm starting to question College Hockey News more and more.....It says Denver only has a 51% chance to make the tournament if they don't win the automatic qualifier.

Add the 2 numbers together.

11 minutes ago, R_Schneider_4 said:

Add the 2 numbers together.

Which is not how you do statistics.

The CHN says Denver has only a 51% chance at large (AL) bid...(which is obviously wrong.)

vs Umass-Lowells 80% chance of an at large bid...yeah okay.

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Which is not how you do statistics.

The CHN says Denver has only a 51% chance at large (AL) bid...(which is obviously wrong.)

vs Umass-Lowells 80% chance of an at large bid...yeah okay.

Not wrong at all.  51% they get an at large bid, the remaining 49% they will get the auto-bid.  

They can't have any higher chance for an at large bid if the rest of the time they get the auto-bid. 

2 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

Not wrong at all.  51% they get an at large bid, the remaining 49% they will get the auto-bid.  

They can't have any higher chance for an at large bid if the rest of the time they get the auto-bid. 

Huh?

You really think Umass Lowell has a higher chance at an at large bid than Denver?

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

No he thinks Lowell has a lower chance at an auto bid. The way they're showing the numbers is kinda dumb though.

Say both lose in the tournament meaning the AQ Column is automatically meaningless....then the only column left is to look at is the "at large" column.

Lowell according to the CHN app says has a greater chance than DU; 80% vs 51% chance at an at large bid.

But if they both lose in AQ, CHN will update the AL column to more accurately reflect, and those number will switch to DU having a higher percent chance than Lowell.

Just horrible semantics on their part.

• Downvote 1