SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. SCSU - SATURDAY GAME 2

AZSIOUX

2 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

I heard 10 and change tonight.  What does the Ralph sit?

... and 1000 people that didn't show up are still mad that they couldn't get tickets for the game in Vegas.  Probably only 8500 butts in the seats tonight. 

2 minutes ago, Cratter said:

All this poor attendance talk before the series started.....how'd it turn out?

Looked the same as the last few years during spring break. With that said, tonight was one of the loudest crowds I've heard without all the students! It was a high stress, electrifying game in the REA tonight! Very fun to be part of, I was panicking in my seat when St Clown would get the puck in the Sioux end in the 3rd! Made me nervous, my daughter would tell me to be quiet, I would blurt out NOOOO, GET IT OUT OF HERE, STOP PASSING TO THE FRONT OF THE NET!

Went out with a bang for sure, super fun night!

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

Looked the same as the last few years during spring break. With that said, tonight was one of the loudest crowds I've heard without all the students! It was a high stress, electrifying game in the REA tonight! Very fun to be part of, I was panicking in my seat when St Clown would get the puck in the Sioux end in the 3rd! Made me nervous, my daughter would tell me to be quiet, I would blurt out NOOOO, GET IT OUT OF HERE, STOP PASSING TO THE FRONT OF THE NET!

Went out with a bang for sure, super fun night!

Sounds like me on the couch. I kept hollering, "nooooo! What are you doooing. Clear it!"

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, MDtoGF said:

"Not much later, Nick Poehling would give St. Cloud its first lead of the night after numerous UND attempts to clear the puck. As the seesaw game continued, "

That was the second time St Cloud led the game...:)

9 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Some sloppy play at times but a back and forth exciting game where the Sioux come out on top. Really liked the way Olson played tonight even before the game winner except I thought he should have made the pass early on the 2-on-1 early to Yon as he was at the end of the shift. Great job by the ref that made the goal call in OT he was in great position and got the call right on the ice that a lot of people need review before they know that one is a goal.

Also note:  Blackhawks didn't play on Saturday night (so Schmaltz was "available").  Could this be a continuance of "Olson's" emergence as a game-breaking scorer?

Check my comments from a previous game's thread a week ago.  Coincidence???  St. Cloud will now probably buy into a "conspiracy theory." :)

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

True...but our D (both forwards and dman) was terrible last night.  When teams start playing wagon wheel hockey that's when good, solid, positionally sound teams make them pay. Cams numbers looked bad on paper but he truly bailed his team out.  Boys need to clean it up before next weekend.

I find this to be very true, especially for a stretch there in the second.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, GDPritch said:

Quentin Hooker!  Geno  Crandall!  Corey Baldwin!  Cortez Sheals!  Connor Avants!  Dirk Bernstine!  *#$%@! Shanks!

I could also tell you the hooker is from Brooklyn Park, Crandall is from Brooklyn Center, Seales is from Eldrige, IA, avant is from Oklahoma, Drick is from Colorado, and I'm pretty sure Baldwin is from Connecticut.

2 hours ago, franchise said:

Sounds like me on the couch. I kept hollering, "nooooo! What are you doooing. Clear it!"

I was stuck at home all weekend trying to get rid of the week-long Headcold from Hell, so I had to watch it on TV. I was yelling stuff like that last night too.

"Get it out of the zone already!!!"

At least things turned out for us.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Spring break.  All day every day at the rink before Minny.  

Monday's defensive zone film session won't be fun.  @scpa0305 said it best.  Cam was hung out to dry and was excellent in the net this weekend.  

So it isn't always the goaltender's fault? :p

Good to know, some people on this forum still haven't figured that out. ???

• Upvote 1