SiouxSports.com Forum

#1 UND (21-9) vs #3 Weber (19-12) Big Sky Championship 3/11 7:30

SWSiouxMN

45 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

It's so hilarious that the bizon are exclaiming that this UND team could never ever win a power league like the Slummit.  But why does UND now have an RPI higher than SDSU?  Pure comedy gold, those knuckleheads.

When we win the Summit their heads will explode.  

1 hour ago, Teeder11 said:

My, we are looking for things to nit pick over, aren't we? Enjoy the wins. Not everything is a scandal and there's a lot going on behind the scenes we don't know about. 

I remember this coming up before with why Faison couldn't be at the first VB NCAA tourney game in MSP and then onto NYC for the hockey showcase and then back to GFK for the football playoff game like our president was. Found out later he was very sick that weekend and  opted to stay back in Forks. Not saying that's the case this time, just that we don't know. Who knows, maybe he's busy trying to trim over $1 million from his athletic budget.

Good point.

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

It's so hilarious that the bizon are exclaiming that this UND team could never ever win a power league like the Slummit.  But why does UND now have an RPI higher than SDSU?  Pure comedy gold, those knuckleheads.

They like to pretend that the Summit is a multi-bid conference, when in fact it is not. And most people think we will get a 15 seed, not the 16 seed and/or play-in game that the Bison rubes think we will get stuck with.

I love the smell of payback in the morning!!! :D

1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

Current projections have Syracuse (84) in with an at large bid. Illinois St (33) projected to be left out.

Disclaimer: Not a great BB mind, nor stayed at Holiday Inn Express last night, but did listen to some AM radio chatter this morning. 

The Fox pundits think Syracuse is a no-go --> no good road wins at all this year and that Boeheim's name isn't enough.
The only way in per the "expert" was if the Syracuse "name" was needed for TV ratings. 

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I saw some Tweets with UND at a #15 v. Baylor and folks were giddy. 

OK, explain for the guy who never got into hoopsy-bouncey. 

It's like having #16 Holy Cross avoid playing #1 Minnesota in the first game of the NCAA Mens Hockey Tournament....

Just the same, given the relative sizes of the fields (300-some DI MBB teams vs 60) and brackets (68 vs 16), it's still Holy Cross and Minnesota. 

I just know one piece of trivia:
No NCAA MBB #1 seed has lost their opening game to a #16. 

I'll gladly take a #16 if you let me break that run. ;) 

What I meant in my post was, why is Baylor better for UND than the potential #1s. 

Would think with such a powerful SOS and being a member of the mighty Summit League that the Meehof's would be seeded higher than UND?  I mean Conference RPI....right?   UND has 4 more wins than them but the teams they beat are terrible.  

Perplexed.

• Upvote 1