SiouxSports.com Forum

Solution to diving, embellishment.

Frozen4sioux

What happened to the SCSU player that acted like he was killed in a check right in front of the penalty box? Was that even a penalty? Have they always reviewed a questionable check, I like that idea.  Did that player come back out?

Not sure if I only see this through green glasses, but I can't remember a Sioux player acting like this....Ever! It does need to be policed!

I know it would never happen but I like the idea of the refs being able to review potential dives during the intermissions (1st or 2nd) and award a 10 minute misconduct as they see fit coming out of the break. This discourages the act of diving, it doesn't delay the game, and although it doesn't result in a pp it does have a negative impact on the player/team. All potential dives during the 3rd period can be reviewed live for an immediate misconduct. Then you institute the 3 strikes rule; on the 3rd diving misconduct in a given year you are suspended 1 game.  Maybe not perfect but something along these lines could work. 

23 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

What happened to the SCSU player that acted like he was killed in a check right in front of the penalty box? Was that even a penalty? Have they always reviewed a questionable check, I like that idea.  Did that player come back out?

Not sure if I only see this through green glasses, but I can't remember a Sioux player acting like this....Ever! It does need to be policed!

He drank the same water as Avery Peterson and miraculously was able to return to the hockey game. 

29 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

I'm pretty sure right after they reviewed the check and deemed it only a minor penalty, he came out for the next faceoff. So he laid on the ground just long enough to sell it. The Sioux boys were chirping him pretty hard before the faceoff. 

22 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'd be for off ice officials having a say in holding the player off the ice until they are checked by a medical professional at the end of the period.  That'd cut down on Avery Peterson type plays from happening.  

Anyone have a video of what this Avery kid did?

diving should be a 2 minute penalty and a 5 minute misconduct.

A player laying on the ice long enough for medical staff to have to attend to him should be required to go the locker room and go through concussion protocol. Did everyone see the SCSU trainer wave off Poolman who was coming out to help.

35 minutes ago, petey23 said:

A player laying on the ice long enough for medical staff to have to attend to him should be required to go the locker room and go through concussion protocol. Did everyone see the SCSU trainer wave off Poolman who was coming out to help.

It's the water that they serve out of the opposing team's locker room.  You could take a bullet and be out there next shift.....I wouldn't be surprised if UND changed locker rooms.  

1 hour ago, petey23 said:

Saw the same thing in the Gopher/OSU series - MN player on the ice for five minutes after contact to the head...once the 5-spot is on the board, he's right back on the bench.  No head exam necessary, I guess.

13 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Saw the same thing in the Gopher/OSU series - MN player on the ice for five minutes after contact to the head...once the 5-spot is on the board, he's right back on the bench.  No head exam necessary, I guess.

Can't be much in there to examine in that case. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Makes sense. SCSU seems to be the goofers of the NCHC.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

So who are the biggest divers of the NCHC-WCHA-PIG10 in recent memory?

I'll go with Robbie Earl and any Gofer forward.

The Horn and Bristedt then followed by the rest of the Minnesota hockey diving team.

Omaha followed by Duluth.

I forgot about Cepis.