SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. SCSU - FRIDAY GAME 1

AZSIOUX

UND, which likely needs to win this series to have a shot at making the NCAA tournament, improved to 19-14-3. St. Cloud State, which needs to win this series to keep its season alive, dropped to 16-18-1.

If we win tomorrow night are we still a bubble team? Do we need to win a game in Minneapolis? Cuz that would suck....haven't won there at all in the NCHC. Not great

6 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Looks like if the Sioux stay out of the box, they have a good shot to close this out tomorrow. #thankyouCaptainObvious

I cringe when they say that stuff, now if the huskies stop flopping around and refs don't call stupid penalties you have a good shot at staying out of the box tmrw. Yea but you know those refs, they don't know what diving is. We just have to tell our guys not to hit to hard into the boards and DO NOT skate across the goalie because you might brush against and get called! So we'll do our best to play women's hockey!!! 

GO SIOUX!!!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, TrueSioux2000 said:

If we win tomorrow night are we still a bubble team? Do we need to win a game in Minneapolis? Cuz that would suck....haven't won there at all in the NCHC. Not great

Hard to say...could be in Minneapolis being 1.000 or .666 on the last home weekend of the year.

Being in Minneapolis also means guaranteed to play two games...and you don't know who the opponents are quite yet (moreso the second game). The pairwise doesn't matter if you go win Friday and lose Saturday or lose Saturday and win Friday.

Not to mention what could happen to the other teams on the bubble.

This late in the season UND can't do much to move up. Just hope to solidify the spot as right now UND is basically tied for tenth in the Pairwise and could fall easily if they go 1-2 or 1-3.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

The only way I see SCSU winning games this series is if the officiating sucks worse than it did last night.

Don't sugarcoat it, it felt like you officials were trying to give St. Cloud the game. One thing I've never seen them review a possible check even though it was a clean hit.  And getting a penalty for skating by the goalie and  barely touching him cuz of your momentum 

4 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

Don't sugarcoat it, it felt like you officials were trying to give St. Cloud the game. One thing I've never seen them review a possible check even though it was a clean hit.  And getting a penalty for skating by the goalie and  barely touching him cuz of your momentum 

In nchc playoffs the officials can review a penalty call or non call to see if it was a major. That's what they were doing.

They can't uncalled the 2 min penalty or call a 2 mins penalty if there was no call but can determine if it deserved a 5.

This was a good thing they could review it last night because replay clearly showed it was NOT a major.  Worked in UNDs favor.

If those bumble headed nitwits had only what they think they saw in live action and the theatrical performance of the soccer star assclown on the ice, I know they would have fallen for it and delivered the 5 and game.

7 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

I know that he came back to play.  How many shift did he miss?  My guess is that the conversation on the ice with the trainer is something like this.  (Hey are you ok, Yeah I am fine are the refs buying it?  No, flop around a little more?  Did my grabbing my head help?  Nope, not one bit, keep flopping, try getting up and act drunk on the way to the bench.  Maybe you should help me up, I'll act like I am blind.  Sounds good, I'll lead you to the bench and you head straight to the locker room.)  1 shift into PP, thanks for the great pass so I could score that goal. 

A friend of mine made a good observation last night.....

When they roll around and cover their FACE with their gloves.....it's an act.

If their face was hurting they would get the mask off and attend to the face.

The gloves in front off face is to hide the smirk, smile, terrible acting expression.

2 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

A friend of mine made a good observation last night.....

When they roll around and cover their FACE with their gloves.....it's an act.

If their face was hurting they would get the mask off and attend to the face.

The gloves in front off face is to hide the smirk, smile, terrible acting expression.

I am semi surprised that UND hasn't started to use this tactic too.  How many times have we all seen this used against us.