SiouxSports.com Forum

Early departures 2017

cberkas

2 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

In regards to Peski... what a massive progression in a pretty short period of time. Had some mistakes early on but after that was solid and kept getting better.

I personally went from feeling slightly uneasy with him on ice to complete confidence in defensive abilities. 

I really like how our D is looking for next year. 

Agreed, our D improved drastically over the season. Hope mismash and kawaguchi will be productive freshman on the scoring sheet.

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

Only silver lining on yesterday, that is the kind of loss that can convince "some" players to stay another year. They don't want to go out like that.

I don't think Gersich and Rhett will leave yet.  Gersich stepped up this year but needs to get stronger.  Rhett could also use another year of development.  Wolanin has to improve his defensive game if he wants a lasting career in the NHL.  The NHL players would make him pay dearly for the turnovers, even more so than at the college level.  Too many guys have left early only to find themselves having careers in the minors.

15 hours ago, cberkas said:

He was looking like a passenger out there late in the 3rd and the OT's

His wrist can't be that hurt if he plays for them tomorrow.

This is bush league right here. He was trying as hard as anyone to make something happen. In my opinion he was trying to do too much. 

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Berry gets at least two more years to prove him self or he may be an early departure

44 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

What's Berry paid to do?

32 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Paid to have one and dones?

Aaaaasand boom goes the dynamite.

• Upvote 1