SiouxSports.com Forum
cberkas

Early departures 2017

I would have loved to see Wilkie succeed here, I was hoping this would be his breakout year. Good luck Chris, I am sure you will be playing in the Ralph again but this time wearing a CC jersey. 

Didn't Wade Murphy transfer to ASU, sit out a season, play a season, then leave to play pro? Wonder if Wilkie will end up doing the same. Of course then he may not be able to play with his brother. 

12 minutes ago, crb1 said:

I would have loved to see Wilkie succeed here, I was hoping this would be his breakout year. Good luck Chris, I am sure you will be playing in the Ralph again but this time wearing a CC jersey. 

Didn't Wade Murphy transfer to ASU, sit out a season, play a season, then leave to play pro? Wonder if Wilkie will end up doing the same. Of course then he may not be able to play with his brother. 

With ASU, Murphy probably was only going to play one season.

3 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Damn...and Wilkie was ON FIRE at the end of last season!

Uh-huh. Uh-huh. 

That 1-5-6 scoring line (with no multi-point games), 7 healthy scratchs, and 8 no-point games after the first of the year (21 games) screams "EN FUEGO!" ;) 

Stats source: http://www.undsports.com//fls/13500/stats/mhockey/2016-17/TEAMGBG.HTM#IGBG.GAP 

18 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Uh-huh. Uh-huh. 

That 1-5-6 scoring line (with no multi-point games), 7 healthy scratchs, and 8 no-point games after the first of the year (21 games) screams "EN FUEGO!" ;) 

Stats source: http://www.undsports.com//fls/13500/stats/mhockey/2016-17/TEAMGBG.HTM#IGBG.GAP 

Averaging .5 goals per game in his last two games...

Do you ever play along with the joke or just pole-vault straight into super-serious mode every time?  :lol:

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, cberkas said:

There's a report that Bellows is leaving BU.

Tambellini II, have a tough time adjusting to the college game, instead of keep working just go to the WHL. This one would be really infuriating for BU.

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Tambellini II, have a tough time adjusting to the college game, instead of keep working just go to the WHL. This one would be really infuriating for BU.

Sometimes the CHL can benefit a kid, from a confidence standpoint. Given what he did last year I doubt he'll ever be a high end NHL player and may simply toil around the minors.  Kid could just be a bust. Never know.  Quinn may not be overly disappointed he is reloading this coming year. 

3 hours ago, cberkas said:

There's a report that Bellows is leaving BU.

Probably contemplated leaving hockey after getting checked through the glass. My guess, he wants to ensure he doesn't have to play against UMD or Gornall ever again.

• Upvote 3

Anders Bjork signed with Boston.  This is actually a big plus, Notre Dame was bringing everyone back. This also makes sense, he had no business coming back (other than a Natty I guess), but from a talent standpoint he is NHL ready.

13 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Anders Bjork signed with Boston.  This is actually a big plus, Notre Dame was bringing everyone back. This also makes sense, he had no business coming back (other than a Natty I guess), but from a talent standpoint he is NHL ready.

Really big early departure, Notre Dame will still be good, but would have been dominant next year w/ Bjork.

• Upvote 1

A day after losing Bjork, Cal Petersen (Goalie) also announces he's going to turn pro. What a gut punch for Notre Dame.

2 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

And still no early departures for DU...

I've gotten to the point where I'd be stunned if anyone left. This being 100% correlated with my feeling that Montgomery is not getting the Florida job.

55 minutes ago, AJS said:

A day after losing Bjork, Cal Petersen (Goalie) also announces he's going to turn pro. What a gut punch for Notre Dame.

Agreed terrible news.  Good thing for them is that they are bringing in a top notch (tiny) goalie and have an older group left from last year.  They should still be good but to say they are national title contenders is probably a stretch.

24 minutes ago, AJS said:

I've gotten to the point where I'd be stunned if anyone left. This being 100% correlated with my feeling that Montgomery is not getting the Florida job.

Agreed.  I bet they all stay.  They will dominate.

17 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Agreed.  I bet they all stay.  They will dominate.

Including us, right? :silly:

They'll have to go through us if they want to repeat as NCHC and NCAA champions. We will have a much better team next year and will be back in contention for both titles. But I guess we'll have to just wait and see what happens.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Including us, right? :silly:

They'll have to go through us if they want to repeat as NCHC and NCAA champions. We will have a much better team next year and will be back in contention for both titles. But I guess we'll have to just wait and see what happens.

I'll never understand the need to get defensive in situations like this. Are they guaranteed the title? Obviously not, but there's really no argument that if things break like they seem to be, they'll have by far the most talent in the country. I would say being #1 all year and winning the title that they were pretty dominant this past year, they'll be better next year.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, AJS said:

I'll never understand the need to get defensive in situations like this. Are they guaranteed the title? Obviously not, but there's really no argument that if things break like they seem to be, they'll have by far the most talent in the country. I would say being #1 all year and winning the title that they were pretty dominant this past year, they'll be better next year.

Defensive? I guess I don't want to go back to playing second fiddle to someone else, like we did to Boston College for years. The mere thought of playing second-fiddle to Denver for several years just turns my stomach. :angry:

And no, I am not being objective and I don't have to be. This is SiouxSports.com, not Pioneer Central. :p