SiouxSports.com Forum

Early departures 2017

cberkas

Still wish we could have retained Jost. 

Boeser was going to be gone, as was Poolman; but I wish the Olympic news had come out a few weeks ago ... and maybe you could have persuaded 1 or 2 of those guys to stick around.

Wasn't too concerned about Gersich. Pogo coming back is huge for this team. Need some of that senior leadership, in addition to some proven production. Would really like to see Pogo take that next step like Malone did. 

Capture.PNG

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Boeser was going to be gone, as was Poolman; but I wish the Olympic news had come out a few weeks ago ... and maybe you could have persuaded 1 or 2 of those guys to stick around.

Wasn't too concerned about Gersich. Pogo coming back is huge for this team. Need some of that senior leadership, in addition to some proven production. Would really like to see Pogo take that next step like Malone did. 

Capture.PNG

You always want to keep someone like Boeser or Jost, but there is something I like about having a team full of talented, committed (experienced) players who feel they have to do it without a number one draft pick there to score the big goals and make the big stops. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Capture.PNG

But if Jost sticks around and leaves and plays for the World Juniors, and then however long they decide the Olympic team trains together, you might have lost him from early December until after the Olympics.  Sure you always like having someone that skilled, but the continuity wouldn't be that great.  It will be interesting to see who will end up playing in the Olympics, and if it is college guys, when does camp start for the Olympics. 

Absolutely incredible news, a real game changer for the team next year. This team is going to be so deep. I realize they are losing two forwards that are currently in the NHL, but I am so excited for this team next year.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Absolutely incredible news, a real game changer for the team next year. This team is going to be so deep. I realize they are losing two forwards that are currently in the NHL, but I am so excited for this team next year.

Should be at least 5 more in the win column for us next year as compared to our team without them returning.

Pretty blown away dennis cholowski signed tonight.  Obviously talented as he's a first rounder but he was pretty raw to me. Thought he (at the very least) needed another year at scsu.  That's a big blow for the huskies.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Great news indeed...although I was hoping @bigskyvikes would sign off for a lot longer than that!  :p

Haha.. You're just mad because I was right and you were wrong....The MSU weekend meant nothing.

It's good you gave @Oxbow6 something to up vote while dissing me. I noticed he did end up going to Fargo to watch the Sioux play. He was WRONG also...:D

1 hour ago, bigskyvikes said:

Haha.. You're just mad because I was right and you were wrong....The MSU weekend meant nothing.

It's good you gave @Oxbow6 something to up vote while dissing me. I noticed he did end up going to Fargo to watch the Sioux play. He was WRONG also...:D

You got lucky.

Those other two are negative nellys

:)

1 hour ago, bigskyvikes said:

Nothing like patting yourself on the back with both hands as you're walking out the door. :lol:

Looking forward to getting reacquainted in September..........................................