SiouxSports.com Forum

Early departures 2017

cberkas

2 hours ago, beebsb010 said:

I have to put Bochenski on that list and pretty damn high too.  He was amazing to watch!

Bucks was a great shooter, no doubt, but he came into his own in his Sophomore year when he played with Parise.  His first year was solid, but not great...albeit on one of our last weaker teams...

Gregoire, Brady Murray, Drew Stafford all fit into that top 20 list IMO

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

Bucks was a great shooter, no doubt, but he came into his own in his Sophomore year when he played with Parise.  His first year was solid, but not great...albeit on one of our last weaker teams...

If money man would have ever figured out his skating I believe he would have had a career in the NHL.  NHL shot and release for sure. 

10 hours ago, Wilbur said:

If money man would have ever figured out his skating I believe he would have had a career in the NHL.  NHL shot and release for sure. 

He tears it up in the KHL...also, he did everything they asked of him in the NHL

68 points and +1 in 156 NHL contests

2 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

He tears it up in the KHL...also, he did everything they asked of him in the NHL

68 points and +1 in 156 NHL contests

I've followed him and Nigel Dawes quite a bit with Astana.  Has really done well over there, and kind of unique that he and Nigel Dawes played for Kazakhstan at the world championships.  Glad to see he's the captain, not sure how long he has held that title there.  

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I've followed him and Nigel Dawes quite a bit with Astana.  Has really done well over there, and kind of unique that he and Nigel Dawes played for Kazakhstan at the world championships.

Plus, his sister is number 3 prostitute in all of Kazakhstan...

...(From the movie "Borat")

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I've followed him and Nigel Dawes quite a bit with Astana.  Has really done well over there, and kind of unique that he and Nigel Dawes played for Kazakhstan at the world championships.  Glad to see he's the captain, not sure how long he has held that title there.  

Good old Nigel Dawes, greatest squirt I ever played against.

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 1:05 PM, yzerman19 said:

Fair enough.  I still have all of those game winning goals in my mind when he was a Freshman.  But yes, he did standout more once Zach came. 

Good God, the Avs are bad.  Why did Jost leave early to play there?  And because of his age, playing this year doesn't even burn a year off his entry level contract.  I know he's a very special player and we were happy to get him even if it was for just one year.   But it couldn't have hurt his development to play here next year instead of in that mess.  

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, hky said:

Good God, the Avs are bad.  Why did Jost leave early to play there?  And because of his age, playing this year doesn't even burn a year off his entry level contract.  I know he's a very special player and we were happy to get him even if it was for just one year.   But it couldn't have hurt his development to play here next year instead of in that mess.  

Its tough watching them....its so disjointed,  they seem to play with genuine disinterest. 

No direction....Vegas mau not finish last in the league next year

21 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Its tough watching them....its so disjointed,  they seem to play with genuine disinterest. 

No direction....Vegas mau not finish last in the league next year

They need to blow this team up. Start with Landeskog and Duchene. My favorite team is such a dumpster fire I've had to branch out. Thankfully my second and third favorite teams are well acquainted with Lord Stanley's Cup, but still isn't as good as getting somewhere with your favorites.

1 hour ago, hky said:

Assuming he graduated.

Oh yeah, forgot he sat a yr.

1 hour ago, hky said:

I text my buddy the same thing. Why go to that?

2 hours ago, hky said:

We all know he Jost went for all the wrong reasons.  Watching today was Jost painful, thinking of all the growth he could have had next year.  Jost shaking my head. :unsure:

13 hours ago, hky said:

Agreed.  I was at that game last night.  Didn't notice Jost much.  He also had trouble with face offs. Only second game though. He looks really small out there.

Edit: After looking at his stats from last night they obviously weren't that bad.  Didn't  have a TO, his FO% was 36% but that isn't that terrible considering it was his second game.