SiouxSports.com Forum

Early departures 2017

cberkas

2 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Seth Jones committed to UND at one point?  Wow...I didn't know that.  

Forgot about Lemieux...

gotta believe Tambellini would've developed too...had he stuck around

No he actually didnt.  He said UND was one of his favorites IF he went the college route.  Seth handled his recruiting very well.  He didnt commit and back out at the last second like Miller.  

36 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

No he actually didnt.  He said UND was one of his favorites IF he went the college route.  Seth handled his recruiting very well.  He didnt commit and back out at the last second like Miller.  

Who was the kid that committed and used it as leverage to get drafted by the team he wanted in the WHL draft...?

Uh ... bi-lateral? 

So, that UMD hit. Meh, nothing, right? (I'm looking at the NCHC brass.) 

Poolman will now undergo bi-lateral shoulder surgery with the first surgery coming later this week. His availability for Winnipeg Jets training camp will be determined upon completion of his second surgery.

https://www.nhl.com/jets/news/jets-sign-tucker-poolman/c-288251308

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

My point is Nick spends 90% of his first pro year in the A if he leaves after his Fr. year.  Jost, I'm sure, was promised the Golden Goose plus COL is so bad.

COL is bad - hot rumor is they were looking to sign @Wilbur to a deal and I saw them scouting out my best broomball defenseman in our Roseville league about two months ago!  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

Seth Jones committed to UND at one point?  Wow...I didn't know that.  

Forgot about Lemieux...

gotta believe Tambellini would've developed too...had he stuck around

No, Jones never committed but Wodon of College Hockey News said he had in an article and refused to admit he was wrong about it.

45 minutes ago, franchise said:

Who was the kid that committed and used it as leverage to get drafted by the team he wanted in the WHL draft...?

Koules and Gerlach are the only other commits who bolted for the W in recent memory.  Gerlach would have been a good get. Koules was garbage in the W but supposedly daddy was going to endow some stuff at UND.

2 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Koules and Gerlach are the only other commits who bolted for the W in recent memory.  Gerlach would have been a good get. Koules was garbage in the W but supposedly daddy was going to endow some stuff at UND.

It was neither of those guys.  I'll try to dig it up