SiouxSports.com Forum

Early departures 2017

cberkas

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

What would make this even worse is if BU's precious "diaper dandies" form a pact to return for another shot at the NCAA title before they leave for the NHL.

Keller and McAvoy have already signed with their respective NHL teams, so at least the most talented duo of their "diaper dandies" are gone!

Just now, siouxfaninseattle said:

I don't understand why a kid plays college hockey if he is only going to stay a year - what's the point? Best of luck to him. I hope he has a good pro career.

College life. More time in the weight room. 

Also could be that his plan was 2 years and maybe things changed? We'll never know.

• Upvote 1

Just now, siouxfaninseattle said:

I don't understand why a kid plays college hockey if he is only going to stay a year - what's the point? Best of luck to him. I hope he has a good pro career.

Me thinks that the Avalanche could virtually promise him a spot in the starting lineup next season based on how big of a train wreck that team is right now. I don't think Jost planned on being here one season; it just worked out that way.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Me thinks that the Avalanche could virtually promise him a spot in the starting lineup next season based on how big of a train wreck that team is right now. I don't think Jost planned on being here one season; it just worked out that way.

If he didn't get that guarantee it's a big mistake since he doesn't even burn a year off his entry contract.

• Upvote 1

Tyson Jost's Family Advisor - 1

UND's PR Team - 0

Bury the lead of being a one and done by signing on the day other massive news breaks which will eat up local media. PR 101 right there.  

Congrats to Tyson. I suspect he was originally planning to be here two years but since we were loaded at forward during our run to #8 he stayed in Penticton an extra year. In that regard we are lucky he honored his commitment.  Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

If he didn't get that guarantee it's a big mistake since he doesn't even burn a year off his entry contract.

I was thinking the same thing.  Because of his age, his contract slides. 

We have lost players early before and the program survived. We will survive this.

First one and done since Eddie the Eagle if that gives perspective

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, TNF said:

Tyson Jost's Family Advisor - 1

UND's PR Team - 0

Bury the lead of being a one and done by signing on the day other massive news breaks which will eat up local media. PR 101 right there.  

Congrats to Tyson. I suspect he was originally planning to be here two years but since we were loaded at forward during our run to #8 he stayed in Penticton an extra year. In that regard we are lucky he honored his commitment.  Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. 

Not sure about that. He would have been 16 to start last year.

Good riddance! Let's get some talent that buys into the program, and has pride in the history of this program. Good luck with the worst program in the NHL. I think our two "superstars" had the NHL on the brain before the national tournament and it showed in their performance. Just look at the odd man rushes with either one of those two that amounted to nothing. Our best players were not those two when it counted last Friday in my opinion, so build on the ones who showed up with other quality players who want to win championships!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 11

1 minute ago, Magiccitysiouxfan said:

Good riddance! Let's get some talent that buys into the program, and has pride in the history of this program. Good luck with the worst program in the NHL. I think our two "superstars" had the NHL on the brain before the national tournament and it showed in their performance. Just look at the odd man rushes with either one of those two that amounted to nothing. Our best players were not those two when it counted last Friday in my opinion, so build on the ones who showed up with other quality players who want to win championships!

Lol....

Just now, Magiccitysiouxfan said:

I won't begrudge a kid for signing a professional contract. I hope it goes well for him and that he doesn't get stuck in the AHL for a year or two.

But there are others who also think that the leadership on this team was not as strong as it was last year.

I won't begrudge a kid for signing a professional contract. I hope it goes well for him and that he doesn't get stuck in the AHL for a year or two.

But there are others who also think that the leadership on this team was not as strong as it was last year.

I agree totally with everything you are saying, but if they are 1st round talent why did they have to win their way in the last week of the season. Guess I can't lose sleep over him or Boeser leaving. Time to reload!

6 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Not sure about that. He would have been 16 to start last year.

You're right. I read a story when Brock signed that talked about them being only a few months apart in age. But I just doubled checked and they are over a year a part in age. 

• Upvote 1

We were lucky to get him in GF for a year, so this can't be a big surprise to anybody, really.  Hope he has the kind of success guys like Toews, Oshie, Parise, etc have had, so future recruits see us as a great preparation for the NHL.   We'd like all these kids to be like Duncan, but that just isn't going to happen with the No 1s. 

Hope he lights em up. 

• Upvote 2