SiouxSports.com Forum

Early departures 2017

cberkas

3 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Really? Where did you hear that from? That's the first I've heard of that.

His health has been declining the past couple of seasons.  Some people within the NCHC don't think he has the energy to continue.

17 minutes ago, cberkas said:

He said he'd like to come back. He needs to stop playing half-assed out there and work on his two-way game, he's not close to having a 200ft game.

Yeah I should have added on of these ;) because it was sort of in jest. I watched their game yesterday and thought to myself that I would not like to play him next season.

14 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Bucci is tweeting that both Griffen Molino and Matt Iacopelli are leaving WMU.....that hurts.  Both were soph.'s

It's funny how people are reporting this without any proof. Then Molino's cousin tweeted Bucci that he's sources are wrong. Man that chicken parm source Bucci has isn't very good.

27 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

It's been pretty quite on the Pogo front, I thought we would have heard more on that.  Hopefully Andy Strickland's tweet was off.

Do we have any of his past breaking news to go off?  I remember him posting about someone in the past, J Schmaltz?  Don't remember if he was right

In general with early departures, the mass majority of the time, the saying where there's smoke there's fire holds true. I agree that it's a little weird that the only bit of news on the Poganski front has come from Strickland, where he used the  term "likely". Today in Schlossman's blog, he talked about Poganski as if he were to leave ("If", not "he's gone"). Probably reading too much into it, but he doesn't talk about him the same was as Tucker, where he assumes he'll be gone. I just don't think Strickland or really any of those guys would tweet something out of the blue. I'm hoping the "likely" from Strickland meant he was leaning that way, but nothing concrete.

I was hoping for a little information from Schlossman, but right now he's much too preoccupied worrying about what's going on with the US Women's national team.

3 minutes ago, AJS said:

In general with early departures, the mass majority of the time, the saying where there's smoke there's fire holds true. I agree that it's a little weird that the only bit of news on the Poganski front has come from Strickland, where he used the  term "likely". Today in Schlossman's blog, he talked about Poganski as if he were to leave ("If", not "he's gone"). Probably reading too much into it, but he doesn't talk about him the same was as Tucker, where he assumes he'll be gone. I just don't think Strickland or really any of those guys would tweet something out of the blue. I'm hoping the "likely" from Strickland meant he was leaning that way, but nothing concrete.

I was hoping for a little information from Schlossman, but right now he's much too preoccupied worrying about what's going on with the US Women's national team.

He has to keep his sources happy. 

With the Blues trying to hang on to that last playoff spot and possibly move up in the Central, there doesn't seem to be a lot of options for Pogo right this second.  He isn't going to play with the Blues this season so why rush into it?

21 minutes ago, franchise said:

Do we have any of his past breaking news to go off?  I remember him posting about someone in the past, J Schmaltz?  Don't remember if he was right

He was right but it took Jordan a while after that to sign. I think it was premature last time because he said that a week after the Frozen Four that year and Jordan didn't sign until after Brad Berry was announced as Hak's successor. So I think Jordan was still debating at that time. 

25 minutes ago, franchise said:

Strickland's definitely in the know.  I'm still leaning that he is right.  I would guess that Pogo is going to finish out the semester and start in the A next year.  Again, hopefully he has a change of heart and come's back next year.

6 hours ago, cberkas said:

It's funny how people are reporting this without any proof. Then Molino's cousin tweeted Bucci that he's sources are wrong. Man that chicken parm source Bucci has isn't very good.

Huh?  I guess I'm not following.  Friedman just tweeted that he's signing with VAN.  Bucci called it.

Maybe Strickland's tweet from the Blues perspective. Maybe he figured they would put a strong offer together, but hadn't hear from Pogo yet.

Or maybe his information is correct, that Pogo is likely to sign, just isn't going to be a rush job. Maybe he is likely to sign, but not for another week or so.

Who knows? So much speculation on this stuff. All I know, is based on what I saw from this team at the end of the season, and the talent we are bringing in, I'm pretty pumped for next season. I don't expect it do be a repeat of 15-16, but I do expect far more consistency than 16-17.

47 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Huh?  I guess I'm not following.  Friedman just tweeted that he's signing with VAN.  Bucci called it.

He may have got lucky and called it but one of those guys cousin said he didn't sign. Unless it's coming for guys like McKenzie I'd put very little into Bucci's inside information. 

Friedman still didn't say it was official, I'd take Friedmans word over Bucci's.

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

Strickland's definitely in the know.  I'm still leaning that he is right.  I would guess that Pogo is going to finish out the semester and start in the A next year.  Again, hopefully he has a change of heart and come's back next year.

Maybe he's waiting for Jost to announce his return, then he and Tucker will stay too!

• Upvote 1

On 3/26/2017 at 6:55 PM, Wildfan said:

Didn't notice if mentioned. Brock playing @ Winnipeg tonight. So no issue getting work visa, if Canada requires that like US. Vancouver's twitter shows a group on UND players made it up to watch the game.

He would already have his Canadian authorization to live and work without the right to govt services since he is employed by a Canadian company.