SiouxSports.com Forum

Other Conference Tournaments

AJS

There are three conference championship games tonight that have a huge impact on potential NCAA seeding for the Big Sky winner. Right now, without any upsets in the conference tournaments, UND (if they win) would be in the play-in game.

Tonight

Northeast: Mt. St. Mary's (164) vs St. Francis (256) on ESPN 2 @ 6pm

Summit:  SDSU (168) vs Omaha (127) on ESPN 2 @ 8pm

Horizon: Milwaukee (255) vs N. Kentucky (91) on ESPN @ 6pm

Teams in bold either have worse RPI's than UND or would if UND won three in a row to win the conference championship. Let's hope a couple can pull off the upsets tonight.

Edit: Added current RPI's according to ESPN

Here are this teams that have already punched their ticket and their current RPI.  I'll try to keep it updated as the tournaments continue. UND currently at 172

• Jacksonville State (154)
  • Florida Gulf Coast (86)
  • Wichita State (27)
  • Winthrop (70)
  • UNC-Wilmington (26)
  • Iona (91)
  • East Tennessee State (57)
  • Northern Kentucky (89)
  • Mount St. Mary's (152)
  • South Dakota State (155)
  • Gonzaga (10)

Updated for games completed through 3/7

33 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I agree - The Summit League conference tournament will be a great annual event and I'm also looking forward to attending. Go Hawks! 

I heard during the UNO-IUPUI game yesterday that they set a tournament record over 11,000 and the announcer said of course it was SDSU vs USD that helped that. If you had a final four of all the Dakota teams that would be an incredible site in Sioux Falls.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

The summit championship game looks like a ton of fun! Can't wait for a few years!!!

this tourney draws a ton of basketball fans in Sioux Falls (at least for last night) so why couldn't we host a hockey regional there???

They put in for one there, waiting to see if it gets picked. UND will most likely put in the REA, Fargo, and Sioux Falls for regionals.

14 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

How the <bleep> did Nagy get that guy, and how did Miles miss him?

Well I read a story that when Daum redshirted they weren't even sure he could play at this level. He worked his tail off and got beat on by Cody Larson for a year. He's come a long way in a short period of time. Wouldn't be shocked if he left early.

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 3:37 PM, jdub27 said:

Here are this teams that have already punched their ticket and their current RPI.  I'll try to keep it updated as the tournaments continue. UND currently at 172

• Jacksonville State (151)
  • Florida Gulf Coast (85)
  • Wichita State (27)
  • Winthrop (70)
  • UNC-Wilmington (26)
  • Iona (91)
  • East Tennessee State (56)
  • Northern Kentucky (89)
  • Mount St. Mary's (152)
  • South Dakota State (153)
  • Gonzaga (10)
  • Bucknell (65)

Updated for games completed through 3/8

Alcorn State played Texas Southern in the SWAC Championship, however they said Alcorn St is ineligible for the NCAA Tournament due to a low APR. Can you imagine the team that close to the dance only not being able to go because kids didn't study. Shows the importance of education. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Alcorn State played Texas Southern in the SWAC Championship, however they said Alcorn St is ineligible for the NCAA Tournament due to a low APR. Can you imagine the team that close to the dance only not being able to go because kids didn't study. Shows the importance of education. 

Supposedly Omaha is too broke to go to the CIT.  

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Anyone else watching this sun belt championship game? 5 minutes in and it's tied 2-2 and it's not because of stellar defense. 

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

4-4 at the 11 minute TO.

I didn't know the Sun Belt played hockey, much less hockey with goaltending that poor.

And these posts are in the wrong forum. 

Oh-wait ... what!?!?! :blink: