SiouxSports.com Forum

Tibs meet Fenton

ringneck28

44 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

This just is more proof that Target Center doesn't get it.  How many NBA teams share arena's with hockey teams and don't have these issues.  Like I said, Tibs meet Josh and get this fixed.

The unusual weather fluctuations this early in March certainly doesn't help. There was a tornado warning NW of the metro this evening. 

1 minute ago, Snake said:

The unusual weather fluctuations this early in March certainly don't help. There was a tornado warning NW of the metro this evening. 

Great...a Bruins fan chimed in.  Cue "kevad" and the negative reps...

BTW, corrected some English in your post.  ;)

6 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

A combined WCHA NCHC tourney at the X is the answer.....4 games Friday 4 games saturday

Now it's a party

Is it though?  Would NCHC fans want to go to a Tech vs Bowling Green game?  Non-UND fans don't tend to show up in droves anyway so how would that draw more fans?  

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

The unusual weather fluctuations this early in March certainly doesn't help. There was a tornado warning NW of the metro this evening. 

It's fitting a fan of a Boston fan would make an exception for the weather considering UND's fogged out game at BC!  ;)

11 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

A combined WCHA NCHC tourney at the X is the answer.....4 games Friday 4 games saturday

Now it's a party

Trying to picture the attendance for a Friday morning 9:00 am game between Bowling Green and  Northern Michigan...it's not pretty.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Great...a Bruins fan chimed in.  Cue "kevad" and the negative reps...

BTW, corrected some English in your post.  ;)

Thanks for the correction. I'd really hate for my point to be lost due to poor subject/verb agreement.  It sucks not being perfect. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Snake said:

Thanks for the correction. I'd really hate for my point to be lost due to poor subject/verb agreement.  It sucks not being perfect. 

Oh, come on, juat like giving you, Rat77, and Goon some Bruin grief.

7 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Oh, come on, juat like giving you, Rat77, and Goon some Bruin grief.

I apologize. I'm a tad ornery from how the B's played tonight in Ottawa.  If they lose again Wednesday I'll probably feel worse than after the Michigan State weekend! :D

7 hours ago, Snake said:

I apologize. I'm a tad ornery from how the B's played tonight in Ottawa.  If they lose again Wednesday I'll probably feel worse than after the Michigan State weekend! :D

:lol:  ANOTHER good one!  Well-played!

• Upvote 1

If it wasn't so warm and humid they would have had no issues at all.   I can see this expediting the games back to St Paul though as the NBA and the Wolves can't be happy about this at all.

The wolves did manage to sell a bunch of concessions to fans before they canceled the game of course...

The arena manager didn't adjust for the humidity, as everything was good during shoot around.  Then, they opened the doors for the fans....

Madison Square Garden and The Staples Center use the same flooring setup as TC has (as do all but 1 of the NHL arenas), with no issues.  They've figured out to compensate for what's going on outside, since they host a lot more basketball and have the ice in for 9 months, instead of just 3.  The arena management learned a valuable lesson yesterday.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

How about Target Center buy a better insulation layer for between the ice surface and the court and not have the issue.  

I know these guys in Fargo make a good product (and I'm pretty sure it's what's used in REA). 

They have it.  We sold it to them before last year's NCHC.  They actually have the same floor as the two arenas I mentioned above.

Also of note; Scheels arena pulled this off for 2 years of NDSU basketball with only the light duty version (thinner, uncoated) of what TC has.  It was all about the outside air and the arena manager not making adjustments for it.

• Upvote 2