SiouxSports.com Forum

Tibs meet Fenton

ringneck28

Due to condensation on the basketball court @ the Target Center, there is probably going to be an unforeseen meeting between Thibodeau and Fenton.  Maybe the hockey gods have spoken and said enough is enough.  I would be willing to bet that there is a call going out tonight from Colorado Springs to St. Paul to see what the terms can be for moving this tournament back to its rightful location, with Tibs holding the phone for Josh.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, bang said:

I'd love to see the tournament go back to or rather go to St. Paul. I rarely missed a WCHA final five but I've yet to attend the NCHC tournament. 

Never missed a Final Five at the X...attended the 1998 and 2000 Fnal Fives at TC and will not return.

EDIT:  I think it was 99, not 98.  

Edited by MafiaMan
Year clarification on location

3 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Never missed a Final Five at the X...attended the 1998 and 2000 Fnal Fives at TC and will not return.

So you're to blame for UND sucking at the Frozen Faceoff.  A true fan would realize they're the reason UND had success at the X and would go to the TC.

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

The only way a person should be in Minneapolis During St Pattys weekend is if you got so drunk you got lost and ended up there. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

On 2/26/2017 at 0:22 PM, MafiaMan said:

If it means cheap seats, sure, I'll go watch Denver and UMD duke it out for the title.

That was a quick turnaround. :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, ringneck28 said:

This just is more proof that Target Center doesn't get it.  How many NBA teams share arena's with hockey teams and don't have these issues.  Like I said, Tibs meet Josh and get this fixed.

Like I said nchc isn't the only issue though. That ice is down already, because the Target Center hosted Disney on ice this past weekend. Tibbs would have to convince the target center to eliminate all ice events.

7 minutes ago, Cratter said:

That was a quick turnaround. :D

I get it, Cratter.  I'm less of a fan because I won't:

A)  buck up for a full day kid-sitter for Friday and Saturday or

B)  drag the fam damily along and drop about $500 bucks on the weekend

I'll go ahead and turn in my "fan" card I guess.  Sorry I don't meet the minimum attendance requirements these days to get into the fraternity.  

5 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Like I said nchc isn't the only issue though. That ice is down already, because the Target Center hosted Disney on ice this past weekend. Tibbs would have to convince the target center to eliminate all ice events.

This isn't the first time that the ice has been down a few weeks before.  Last year it was 2 weeks before tournament? 

1 minute ago, sioux hockey is the best said:

Clearly the Target center doesn't work for hockey we all know this i wonder if there would be a small chance we could see a dip in ticket prices if they don't move it or we would expect a call saying its back at the X where it belongs. 

It doesn't?  It seems to have worked very well last year.

4 minutes ago, sioux hockey is the best said:

i guess we are going to see what happens 

But if "clearly" it doesn't work for hockey then why do we need to see what happens?  I mean, you've already stated it doesn't work for hockey and there is no debate.  So why should we all wait?

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

This just is more proof that Target Center doesn't get it.  How many NBA teams share arena's with hockey teams and don't have these issues.  Like I said, Tibs meet Josh and get this fixed.

To be fair, this just happened in November in Philadelphia...