Big Sky Tournament

NODAK13

16 hours ago, teamsioux said:

Westgate LV odds:

UND, EWU and Weber 3/1

Montana 4/1

Idaho 8/1

Field 4/1

So If I understand this the field (seeds 6-11) have the same odds as Montana and slightly worse than UND.   This clearly shows that this tournament is WIDE open.  Wish I had a warm and fuzzy feeling for us but I don't.

Hooker had a tough start, but when he got it going, the team started winning, and won the BSC outright. Nothing screams team and conference POY more than that.

Tweet from Asst. Coach Horner, "Quinton Hooker not winning the POY award in the Big Sky is the epitome of our society today. Reward individual play instead of team play."

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, sprig said:

Hooker had a tough start, but when he got it going, the team started winning, and won the BSC outright. Nothing screams team and conference POY more than that.

Tweet from Asst. Coach Horner, "Quinton Hooker not winning the POY award in the Big Sky is the epitome of our society today. Reward individual play instead of team play."

Hadn't seen that tweet, but how true!  And your comments are spot on!

Paul BiancardiBasketball Recruiting 

A good recipe to win a conference tournament. Here are the most important ingredients. 1-Are you heathy? (both physically & mentality) 2. Be hot ( confidence & momentum) 3. If team chemistry is absent school is over. 4. Look for leadership. Best teams have strong leaders. 5.Ability to make consecutive scores & stops

Question regarding selection to the NCAA Bball Tourney.

Obviously in the Big Sky, you have to win the tourney to get the bid. BUT could statement wins, or basically dominating the tourney impact our seeding?

For example, lets say we walk through the tourney, playing the toughest competition possible, or somehow end up playing SUU in the finals and just squeak out a win. Does that impact our seeding between a 16 or 15 at all?

7 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Obviously in the Big Sky, you have to win the tourney to get the bid. BUT could statement wins, or basically dominating the tourney impact our seeding?

For example, lets say we walk through the tourney, playing the toughest competition possible, or somehow end up playing SUU in the finals and just squeak out a win. Does that impact our seeding between a 16 or 15 at all?

At this point I don't believe it makes any difference who we play or how we win.   Unless there are a lot of upsets in the other mid major conferences we will be in the play in game in Dayton,Ohio and so far there have not been big enough upsets.

16 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

These questions are why it's important to actually win some non-conference games, maybe even knock of a Big Ten team or something.  Raises your profile and might get you into a 15 seed.  Instead, they will probably get a "play-in" game.  

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, NODAK13 said:

At this point I don't believe it makes any difference who we play or how we win.   Unless there are a lot of upsets in the other mid major conferences we will be in the play in game in Dayton,Ohio and so far there have not been big enough upsets.

There have been quite a few upsets already.  SDSU in the summit.  The top 3 seeds are out in the Horizon tournament.  I think we are sitting well for a chance at 15 or higher right now if we win.