SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Tournament

NODAK13

More than any other Big Sky tournament UND has been in I believe this one is more wide open than ever before.  There is not one dominant team this year and would not surprise me if a 5-10 seed wins this year.  UND needs to play ( less the turnovers) and shoot like they did Saturday night to go dancing and not duplicate Thursdays effort or the tournament will be over for them early.  I believe most games will be under a 5-6 point margin regardless who plays.  The favorite is of course UND but don't count out anybody else.

UND is going to have a tricky, but doable road. If there is one team that would worry UND is not Weber or EWU, its the Griz.

Sac State is my "can make a run to the title game but can also lose their first round game" team.

I think it will be UND and EWU in the final, and UND takes the crown

Like you both said, wide open, anybody can win type of tournament. I still think that all things considered, if every team was playing their B+ basketball, UND would be the second best  team in the conference. I do think Eastern is more talented. Like every other team, UND needs to get hot, no reason they can't win it all this year.

14 minutes ago, AJS said:

Like every other team, UND needs to get hot, no reason they can't win it all this year.

As the #1 seed, UND certainly better be of the mindset that they can win it all this year (or else there is some serious lack of leadership). 

I do understand the concerns, though, considering this a one-and-done single elimination tournament. 

19 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

So, it is now guaranteed that we will either be playing in the NCAA Tourney or the NIT. Correct?

Didn't someone on here write, if you win your league, but not your tourney, you get an autobid into the NIT?

Correct.

26 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

So, it is now guaranteed that we will either be playing in the NCAA Tourney or the NIT. Correct?

Didn't someone on here write, if you win your league, but not your tourney, you get an autobid into the NIT?

It is nice to have that in your back pocket.  Will be nice to not be playing in the CIT this year!!!  

Having watched Eastern Washington a couple of times on Eversport I do not think they have more talent than UND. They do have some very talented players but they are also in a slump right now. 

I like our chances on a neutral court (Geno needs to stay out of foul trouble). 

By Saturday team depth will factor in big time for teams who played on Tuesday ...if they are still around gotta believe a top 5 seed will take it.   Looks to me UND has the shortest bench of top 5....collins and brown not doing anything as of late.   I have a hard time believing that Brown is better than RS Juco Kinsey...If Kinsey was that bad why RS him and keep him on the payroll for 3 years instead of 2...Not like he is a Big who needs to add strength 

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

Any of the great basketball minds out there...

Did Hooker get screwed out of the MVP, or did Wiley deserve it over him?

Not really ...The BSC usually gives it to a guy on the top team but not always....still surprised they gave it to a Hayford one and done ringer vs 4 year guy hooker

Just now, hoops44 said:

Not really ...The BSC usually gives it to a guy on the top team but not always....still surprised they gave it to a Hayford one and done ringer vs 4 year guy hooker

I'm not an expert, but I'm going to go with, he got snubbed and will use it as motivation to be named Big Sky Tournament MVP, while guiding UND to the big dance!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Yeah that makes sense! :blink:

investment/wagering odds on teams to win the BSC tourney...for every dollar bet on weber return is 215% if the win....Surprised to see Weber this big of a fav relative to the others

From what I could tell, it looked like we were having trouble breaking a zone defense toward the end of the season. We need to run the fast break and attack the basket like we have so the other team doesn't have a chance to setup their zone. Once the zone is set up we need to shoot the 3's a with a little better consistency. We have been a little sloppy with the basketball. Avants hasn't been the Avants we know and love. We do need our bigs to step up. That all said, we do have very talented guards who are capable of winning games. Our guards are nearly unstoppable. I agree that there are about 6-7 teams that could win this thing. Go Hawks!

1 hour ago, hoops44 said:
TEAM MAR 6 ODDS
(5DIMES)
Weber St +215
North Dakota +330
Montana +380
Eastern Washington +400
Idaho +700
Portland St +1400
Sacramento St +3300
Idaho St +10000
Northern Arizona +20000
Southern Utah +35000

Weber State and their coaching staff have the experience, so its hard to completely disagree with this. UND still has a good shot, obviously. 

2 hours ago, hoops44 said:
TEAM MAR 6 ODDS
(5DIMES)
Weber St +215
North Dakota +330
Montana +380
Eastern Washington +400
Idaho +700
Portland St +1400
Sacramento St +3300
Idaho St +10000
Northern Arizona +20000