SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. SCSU - NCHC best 2 of 3

AZSIOUX

48 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I agree, I wonder if we could use it as an alternate logo.... and then phase it into the primary... and then retire the current logo?

Just wait for Saturday ...I'm pretty pumped for it!. UND will have won handily on Friday. I'm betting the boys will be down by 4 on Saturday after 2. Coach Berry will leave the locker room ... Coach Bombay will walk in. The team will change jerseys before them come back out wearing a sweet Sioux Hawkey logo (For new hawks and old hawks), and UND will put 6 on the board in the 3rd!

.......before being DQ'd for rules violations.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

...think that was senior night 2015

Ahhhhh.....I stand corrected. They also wore the blacks March 5 2016 for that senior night as well.

http://www.unheralded.fish/2016/03/06/russ-hons-photo-gallery-university-of-north-dakota-vs-western-michigan-university-march-5-2016/

So 3.......3 times they have worn Black at home, but thanks for the snarky comment. Had I held a parade for post on message board I would not have been too off put from a bit of rain.

Story was, as told to me, Pattyn and Hak talked about a way to honor the final nail in the coffin so to say of the name saga with donning of the black jerseys.

This would be the last of any players who actually played under the SIOUX name.

Hak was asked about it during an interview and said it had a special significant meaning behind it. It was brought to him by the seniors and he went with it.

Screenshot_20170307-233012.jpg

They also were wearing them during the game Mark got hurt during that season.  I remember the Ralph roaring during a 5 on 3 PK when he blocked the shot that injured his leg.  http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209915842&DB_OEM_ID=13500

EDIT: Worn because they could clinch the Penrose that night.

53 minutes ago, Hardcore Hawk said:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109520/locations

Film locations for the movie, but can't find any old barns like that in the list they gave

Parade Arena was one of the rinks in the first movie.  I also believe they filmed in the Robbinsdale Arena where the two Robbinsdale High Schools played (Cooper and Armstrong).  I recognized the rinks inside from when I coached in the Twin Cities.

18 hours ago, cberkas said:

I've never noticed the UND and Wisconsin logos before.

Did you notice any of them? They also had st cloud and gophers of course. I think two others but not sure. Maybe Michigan. Over the years I've been curious as to where the banners ended up.