SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. SCSU - NCHC best 2 of 3

AZSIOUX

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Blacks at home twice in history.

When Ralph died.

When the Sioux Name died.

There were reasons, a potentially ending tourney streak ending isnt enougg of a reason.

Would you like to revise this, senior night 2016.  Sorry to rain on the parade.

7 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

Still wore blacks, because the seniors requested it.  Just pointing out a fact. 

True fact ...but not related to this discussion. We were talking about the occasions that permission was needed from the other team.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, iluvdebbies said:

True fact ...but not related to this discussion. We were talking about the occasions that permission was needed from the other team.

This wasn't what I was back and forth on, I know it is a mutual agreement between both head coaches. I was saying it can and HAS happened. Mainly because I hope they wear em this weekend! Still holding out for that...:D

19 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

This wasn't what I was back and forth on, I know it is a mutual agreement between both head coaches. I was saying it can and HAS happened. Mainly because I hope they wear em this weekend! Still holding out for that...:D

I can't recall, has team ever worn them at the Final 5?  Those were some special games too ;)

9 hours ago, ringneck28 said:

Would you like to revise this, senior night 2016.  Sorry to rain on the parade.

...think that was senior night 2015

Ahhhhh.....I stand corrected. They also wore the blacks March 5 2016 for that senior night as well.

http://www.unheralded.fish/2016/03/06/russ-hons-photo-gallery-university-of-north-dakota-vs-western-michigan-university-march-5-2016/

So 3.......3 times they have worn Black at home, but thanks for the snarky comment. Had I held a parade for post on message board I would not have been too off put from a bit of rain.

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I don't know the story behind the second one - tell me more.

Story was, as told to me, Pattyn and Hak talked about a way to honor the final nail in the coffin so to say of the name saga with donning of the black jerseys.

This would be the last of any players who actually played under the SIOUX name.

Hak was asked about it during an interview and said it had a special significant meaning behind it. It was brought to him by the seniors and he went with it.

Screenshot_20170307-233012.jpg

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Shouldn't it have said he is suspended for the rest of the season?! ;)

Let's hope that is the way it ends up, hey, Borgen's college days could even be over, BUT, they leave him (and SCSU) with that last glimpse of hope to get back in if there is a 3rd game. We now really do need to sweep.  It's not that he's the greatest player in the league, but he is respectable. 

These kind of things can get ugly, if a 3rd game is needed, SCSU would have a little extra life going into a Sunday game. Then say, Borgen (coming in fresh) plays and scores a goal/ gets an assist or plays great defense or whatever, it starts to work on us mentally in a bad way, and at the same time giving SCSU momentum? Our team has shown us that they can lay an egg, and therefore doesn't need this kind of stress. We need to win Friday & Saturday, end of story.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Mhockey said:

Dang now that was a fun team to watch right there!

Wasn't this the 2009-2010 team? I originally thought 2010-2011(I'm assuming you did too) but realized they never touched the McNaughton or The Broadmoor trophy.

On a side note, I believe Hakstol regrets that decision because he mentioned he wishes he would've let them enjoy the ride a little more.

36 minutes ago, Siouxfan11 said:

UND also wore blacks in home game against Maine every player had Walsh on the back for their name for the Maine coach battling cancer.  Jerseys were auctioned off afterwards with the money going to Walsh.

Was @ Maine, not at home.

4 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Wasn't this the 2009-2010 team? I originally thought 2010-2011(I'm assuming you did too) but realized they never touched the McNaughton or The Broadmoor trophy.

On a side note, I believe Hakstol regrets that decision because he mentioned he wishes he would've let them enjoy the ride a little more.

I actually did think it was the 10-11 team. That year is a year that haunts me till this day. Fun to watch, just not the result I expected. They were loaded with talent that year.