SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. SCSU - NCHC best 2 of 3

AZSIOUX

48 minutes ago, AJS said:

Season ultimately comes down to this best out of 3 series for both teams. There's no doubt in my mind that UND is the better team. The last series at the Ralph, as bad as UND played, SCSU didn't look any better. I don't think SCSU is really good, at all. Not saying they can't win (as they proved earlier this year), but this is about as good of a matchup as you  could hope for. If they can't beat SCSU at home best 2 out of 3, they don't deserve to make the playoffs anyway.

As disappointing as Boeser / Poganski have been this year, they are a better team if they play. Hopefully both (& Shaw) are ready to go this weekend. Just get it done this weekend.

So now you do think UND can win two in a row? 

31 minutes ago, AJS said:

They have a good d-core, that's for sure, but offensively, they don't have much. Calling them good (they are under .500) would be a stretch.

I meant that they are good (young) players.  This is college hockey, younger players, more often than not, struggle against older players. You are correct, as a team, they aren't a top notch college team.  I'm sure consistency has been an issue with them as well.  But they have good younger players who may show up....so the boys should be ready.

1 hour ago, tnt said:

So now you do think UND can win two in a row? 

Over St. Cloud, yes.

I'm not sure I'd feel confident betting that they will sweep this weekend, I'd feel very comfortable betting they'd win 2 out of 3 though.

3 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

Will Borgen video. One game suspension wouldn't be enough.

I agree, he didn't stop running his mouth until he got on the bench. 

I had a teammate that touched a ref to argue a call I got (he wanted to ask the ref why he called the penalty). He sat in the box the rest of the game.

27 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

It was a NCHC suspension. Have others shoved a referee this year?

Soucy got a 5 in overtime against CC, he should have been suspended. The guy from Western Michigan that got 3 majors in 2 games is another, I'm sure others have had penalties that should/could be suspendable.

Now that I've seen it ... that was a willful shove targeting an official. And it was followed by continued "yapping" after the whistle after the shove. 

Now the NCHC will show how important protecting its officials really is. 

1 hour ago, iluvdebbies said:

Will Borgen video. One game suspension wouldn't be enough.

It's hard to compare this to Vermette poking the ref in the calf, but that got him 10 games in the NHL.  This is at least face-to-face, but if the NCAA wants to take a serious "don't touch the refs" stance, it's going to have to be more than just 1 game.

• Upvote 1

Maybe I have my homer hat on right now but if this were a UND guy I wouldn't be surprised if the suspension was announced first thing this morning. There is no room for hitting / shoving refs in the game at any level. Or maybe they always do announcements like this on Tuesday for all I know. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Now that I've seen it ... that was a willful shove targeting an official. And it was followed by continued "yapping" after the whistle after the shove. 

Now the NCHC will show how important protecting its officials really is. 

I would say 2 games. If a "hockey act" like a check from behind or contact to the head can warrant a 1 game suspension a "non-hockey act" should warrant more than one game especially because it involved an official. With that said the contact was far from having the intent to injure. I think worse case is 3 games. No suspension is asking for trouble however. 

3 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I think I saw a player checked a ref this year college or pro, I can't remember. But the player was ejected and it looked like he did it on purpose.

Dennis Wideman? That was really bad, got 20 games.