SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. SCSU - NCHC best 2 of 3

AZSIOUX

UND (17-14-3 // 10-12-1-1 nchc) swept Miami in Oxford this last weekend. Have won 3 of 4 heading into the first round. Tied 11th pairwise as of now (10:05 est Sunday)

SCSU (16-17-1 // 10-13-0-1) nchc split at home vs CC this last weekend. Have lost 3 of their last 4 games overall. Tied 18th pairwise as of now

UND and SCSU played 4 times this season with UND taking 3 of 4. UND swept SCSU in St. Cloud (4-0, 3-0) while they split in Grand Forks with the Huskies winning 3-1 that Friday and UND won in OT that Saturday 2-1.

PAIRWISE RANKINGS

NCHC Match-Ups

1DU vs 8CC

2UMD vs 7MIAMI

3WMU vs 6UNO

4UND vs 5SCSU

After coming off a giddy high from last night's home-ice clinching win, I had a moment of clarity regarding next weekend's series:

UND advances over Clown

Denver rolls over CC

Duluth takes care of Miami

Omaha upsets Western Michigan (Blais advances for one more conference tourney)

Denver d. Omaha in the afternoon semi and then it's UND vs Duluth in the evening semifinal.

A UND win secures a spot in the NCAA field and a date with Denver.

A UND loss puts them against Omaha for 3rd in what could be Blais' last game.  That would be a neat story but as they say...

.... A LOT of hockey left to play. 

14 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

I guess I didn't notice Borgan, what did he do?

8 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

He's a good kid.  What did he do?

He shoved the official that was taking him to the box for a slashing penalty with about 3 to 2 minutes left in the game. 

25 minutes ago, GoalieMask said:

Another point as UND hosts St. Cloud :

The men in green are being asked to do something they haven't done this season -- win two games in a weekend at home vs a league opponent. 

We are simply asking them to win 2 out of 3, so I think we're OK.  ;)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

He shoved the official that was taking him to the box for a slashing penalty with about 3 to 2 minutes left in the game. 

For those with NCHC.tv, head to the 2:12:40 mark of last night's game broadcast and you can see it.  He should be gone for a game on Friday. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/5/2017 at 9:59 AM, southpaw said:

For those with NCHC.tv, head to the 2:12:40 mark of last night's game broadcast and you can see it.  He should be gone for a game on Friday. 

Oh yeah....he'll be out.  Can't believe that.

Season ultimately comes down to this best out of 3 series for both teams. There's no doubt in my mind that UND is the better team. The last series at the Ralph, as bad as UND played, SCSU didn't look any better. I don't think SCSU is really good, at all. Not saying they can't win (as they proved earlier this year), but this is about as good of a matchup as you  could hope for. If they can't beat SCSU at home best 2 out of 3, they don't deserve to make the playoffs anyway.

As disappointing as Boeser / Poganski have been this year, they are a better team if they play. Hopefully both (& Shaw) are ready to go this weekend. Just get it done this weekend.

21 minutes ago, AJS said:

Season ultimately comes down to this best out of 3 series for both teams. There's no doubt in my mind that UND is the better team. The last series at the Ralph, as bad as UND played, SCSU didn't look any better. I don't think SCSU is really good, at all. Not saying they can't win (as they proved earlier this year), but this is about as good of a matchup as you  could hope for. If they can't beat SCSU at home best 2 out of 3, they don't deserve to make the playoffs anyway.

As disappointing as Boeser / Poganski have been this year, they are a better team if they play. Hopefully both (& Shaw) are ready to go this weekend. Just get it done this weekend.

They're good but they have so many underclassmen.

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

They're good but they have so many underclassmen.

They have a good d-core, that's for sure, but offensively, they don't have much. Calling them good (they are under .500) would be a stretch.