SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Minnesota State High School Hockey Tournament

SiouxScore

Thanks guys.  I'll let you know the status of TV coverage in Vermillion, not that you will care, LOL.

BTW, Roll Cards Roll tonight!  I've got a lot of friends in the hockey community in Luverne, parents I know and players my son has played with/against over the years, so pulling hard for their team.

Luverne toppling mighty Hermantown would fit the narrative of the day.  Upset Wednesday in Class A.

Two channels in Vermillion.  Channel 323 with Twin Cities commercials and channel 593 with Sioux Falls commercials.  I'm seeing quite a few Luverne and Go Cardinals commercials so that might be the reason they have thus South Dakota feed.

Luverne could be ahead in this one, they've had some great chances.  If Hermantown scores right away in the 3rd on the power play it could snowball a bit.  If Luverne gets a kill and some momentum look out. They've got the entire arena behind them. 

On 3/7/2017 at 7:28 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

I have a better chance of landing a date with Scarlett Johansson and Katy Perry in successive nights than Luverne knocking off Hermantown.

These type of comments always crack me up! Not only was it NOT an easy win for Hermantown but they went to OT.

1 minute ago, SiouxScore said:

Hermantown wins it early in OT. Hats off to Luverne much better game than I or probably anyone who follows Minnesota hockey expected.

You'll see Luverne again.  They are building a nice program there.  It's turned into a hockey town with every little young athlete strapping on the skates instead of playing hoops.