SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 What a Year for UND sports

SiouxFan100

I know it is hard but another big accomplishment this year is the rebalancing of how many sports UND supports. This allows UND to be more competitive with the sports that are most followed. Today announced the end of men and women swimming and diving and with women's hockey - for us to look back at how great this year has been.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

We do have bad timing for cuts though, last year 3 days after winning the National Championship. This year just following NCAA appearances from MH and MBB. Do it before the tourneys and you have a possibility for negative publicity being stated on national TV, wait till after and it overshadows accomplishments that have been made.

• 9 months later...
21 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Was all the success in 2016 - 2017 just last year? Wow, what a difference 2017 -2018 has been. Thank goodness for volleyball and hockey. I have confidence football will rebound but not too sure about the basketball programs 

I wouldn’t hold my breath on hockey.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

2016-2017

Do you remember this year?

This wasn’t so long ago. I really enjoyed this ride.

so many sports on the rise. The future was bright. We had turned the corner and established ourselves.

we might need changes to get back to where we were. We can do it if we are brave and honest with ourselves and do what needs to be done.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...