SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Miami - FRIDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

Looks like UND will play SCSU next weekend at location TBD. It will essentially be a best of 3 series with the winner going to the NCAA and the loser going home. I know UND hasn't been great at the Ralph but they need to lock up that opportunity tonight to play SCSU at home next week.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Looks like UND will play SCSU next weekend at location TBD. It will essentially be a best of 3 series with the winner going to the NCAA and the loser going home. I know UND hasn't been great at the Ralph but they need to lock up that opportunity tonight to play SCSU at home next week.

Win against Miami, 2-0 to end Cloud's season, and we're a lock for NCAA

Win against Miami, 2-1 to end Cloud's season, and we should be on the right side of the bubble

Win against Miami, Cloud goes to Mpls 2-1, and we are in need of lots of help

Win against Miami, get swept in 2 by Cloud, and it will take a miracle

Lose against Miami, and we likely need to sweep Cloud and win it in Mpls

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Cratter said:

I remember the days when UND didn't usually constantly struggle with bad teams.

I know. I thought Miami looked like a very bad team last night.  Belpedio out hurts them tremendously.  We controlled the play and fired a lot of pucks on net but we still need more guys crashing the net.  Last night should have been a blow out.  At least we got the win.  As someone else noted, Miami doesn't have much to play for tonight while we are still in battle mode.  Hopefully the boys throw up a crooked number on them tonight.

12 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I know. I thought Miami looked like a very bad team last night.  Belpedio out hurts them tremendously.  We controlled the play and fired a lot of pucks on net but we still need more guys crashing the net.  Last night should have been a blow out.  At least we got the win.  As someone else noted, Miami doesn't have much to play for tonight while we are still in battle mode.  Hopefully the boys throw up a crooked number on them tonight.

8 is a nice crooked number.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

8 is a nice crooked number.

I'm not sure 8 would be considered "crooked" since it's two ovals or two circles, depending on how you write your numbers, but let's not get bogged down in semantics...

50 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Win against Miami, 2-0 to end Cloud's season, and we're a lock for NCAA 

Win against Miami, 2-1 to end Cloud's season, and we should be on the right side of the bubble

Win against Miami, Cloud goes to Mpls 2-1, and we are in need of lots of help

Win against Miami, get swept in 2 by Cloud, and it will take a miracle

Lose against Miami, and we likely need to sweep Cloud and win it in Mpls

My take:

Win tonight

• Win first round series (regardless is it's 2-0 or 2-1)
  • Go 1-1 in Minneapolis

Lose tonight

• Need to win NCHC tournament (maybe leaving the door open if they sweep SCSU on the road and beat UMD the first night)

Simply put, win tonight and I think they will end up making the tournament. Lose and I don't see it. 

3 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I'm not sure 8 would be considered "crooked" since it's two ovals or two circles, depending on how you write your numbers, but let's not get bogged down in semantics...

It's crooked the way I write it.