SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 NHL Expansion Draft

cberkas

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

Oshie is a UFA....I believe vegas can't go after those guys (unless the sign them obviously).

I believe of the 30 players that the Golden Knights choose, only 20 of them have to be under contract.

3 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Oshie is a UFA....I believe vegas can't go after those guys (unless the sign them obviously).

They pick any UFA's they count as a pick during the expansion draft. If Vegas picks Oshie, Oshie is the Washington pick. Vegas has been talking to UFA's and will wait until July 1st. 

If vegas was smart, their goal should be to suck for the first 2-3 years while staying at salary floor.  After all, you don't win cups without stars.  Hopefully, their is a mcdavid type available  

The questions to each team should be as follows:

if you want me to not pick a certain player(s), the cost is picks. 

If you want me to take a player with a bad contract, the cost is picks. This could be very valuable to contenders. And would help vegas meet floor while still sucking. 

If you want me to take someone from one of your rivals, the cost is picks. Of course, they should flip the player. 

If you want a player from another teams list, the cost is picks.

If no deal is made with any team, take best available and flip. 

Goal should be 15-20 total first and second rounders combined in this years and next years drafts. 

Being competitive the first year is over rated. 

13 hours ago, cberkas said:

Pick your Golden Knights team yet?

I have.  What I realized is it is VERY different if you're picking a team with a good mix of veterans and some young prospects to actually build a team like George McPhee is going to need to do versus picking a team of the best guys available and staying under the cap for fantasy purposes just for the upcoming season.

46 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Tuch and Haula to Vegas in exchange for Vegas not taking Dumba, Scandella, or Staal!!

http://www.startribune.com/wild-s-erik-haula-alex-tuch-bound-for-vegas-by-day-s-end/429898333/

Oh, boy...the folks in the Wild front office must be scrambling to find a former Gopher to sign to replace the one they just lost.  :lol:

• Upvote 4

A guy that covers the Rangers said Vegas didn't take Raanta, Good backup and could be flipped to a team that needs a goalie.

Sounds like Vegas is getting Berube from the Islanders. Snow is going to look like a genius after the expansion draft.

Custance is saying Nosek likely will be picked from the Red Wings.

How do you not take Raanta and Mrazek?

Vegas will have a new GM in 5 years.

21 minutes ago, cberkas said:

A guy that covers the Rangers said Vegas didn't take Raanta, Good backup and could be flipped to a team that needs a goalie.

Sounds like Vegas is getting Berube from the Islanders. Snow is going to look like a genius after the expansion draft.

Custance is saying Nosek likely will be picked from the Red Wings.

How do you not take Raanta and Mrazek?

Vegas will have a new GM in 5 years.

Rotoworld has them taking Oscar Lindberg from the Rangers.

14 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Would think there is a decent chance they move either Brodin or Scandella for a forward still.

Brodin, Scandella, and Dumba have all been part of trade talks. One of them is part of a Montreal trade or that's what it sounds like.