SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 NHL Expansion Draft

cberkas

5 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Whoa whoa whoa!  The Penguins protected MATT MURRAY?

Sullivan hates MAF and of course the head coach makes the calls on this.  I wouldn't be surprised to see MAF flipped to some other team for a pick or some prospects.  Although, as the backup for the past year+, I'm sure he's only worth a 5th rounder :)

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Sullivan hates MAF and of course the head coach makes the calls on this.  I wouldn't be surprised to see MAF flipped to some other team for a pick or some prospects.  Although, as the backup for the past year+, I'm sure he's only worth a 5th rounder :)

I'd take Mrazek and flip him, keep Fleury to help develop a young goalie under him. 

Ducks, Blue Jackets, Blackhawks, and Islanders reportedly have deals in place with the Golden Knights. The Blackhawks deal sounds like van Riemsdyk and Kruger to Vegas, if Vegas takes Kruger. The Islanders deal sounds like they want to keep Bailey and Cizikas, but it also sounds like they are trying to keep Strome, Nelson, and De Haan instead. 

http://www.tsn.ca/live/talent/mcphee-ready-for-bidding-war-on-exposed-players-1.782401

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/6/18/15827270/vegas-golden-knights-trade-rumors-ducks-blue-jackets-islanders-blackhawks-nhl-expansion-draft-2017

Golden Knights would be stupid to make a deal with the Islanders, especially when they left open two pieces that the Golden Knights need to build their franchise. If The Golden Knight don't take Nelson or Strome, Vegas might as well flip every good player for picks. If I was passing on Nelson and Strome the Islanders better give me at least 3 1st round picks, 3 2nd round picks, and 3 3rd round picks to take who they want me to take plus a player who isn't cleared to play. 

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/islanders/islanders-have-deal-with-vegas-to-steer-golden-knights-in-expansion-draft-sources-say-1.13748697?utm_campaign=buffer&utm_medium=social&utm_content=bufferad5ab&utm_source=twitter.com

11 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Ken Holland really sending  message to Mrazek.  Apparently Petr thinks quite highly of himself and some of his Detroit teammates did not approve of his antics this past season.

Still a dumb move by Holland, Vegas takes Mrazek and flips him to Arizona who needs a goalie. 

2 hours ago, cberkas said:

Golden Knights would be stupid to make a deal with the Islanders, especially when they left open two pieces that the Golden Knights need to build their franchise. If The Golden Knight don't take Nelson or Strome, Vegas might as well flip every good player for picks. If I was passing on Nelson and Strome the Islanders better give me at least 3 1st round picks, 3 2nd round picks, and 3 3rd round picks to take who they want me to take plus a player who isn't cleared to play. 

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/islanders/islanders-have-deal-with-vegas-to-steer-golden-knights-in-expansion-draft-sources-say-1.13748697?utm_campaign=buffer&utm_medium=social&utm_content=bufferad5ab&utm_source=twitter.com

I'm sure they already have a plan in place to keep Strome and Nelson.  I'm sure it involves at least one first but at this point Vegas has said they're all about the future and not about right now.  They'll gladly take a first to select some fourth line forward because it sets them up to be the new Oilers in four years,  All the first rounders, plus MAF to teach Mrazek or Subban how to play goalie.

32 minutes ago, southpaw said:

I'm sure they already have a plan in place to keep Strome and Nelson.  I'm sure it involves at least one first but at this point Vegas has said they're all about the future and not about right now.  They'll gladly take a first to select some fourth line forward because it sets them up to be the new Oilers in four years,  All the first rounders, plus MAF to teach Mrazek or Subban how to play goalie.

You don't pass on a 45 goal scorer when he's wide open for the taking, if McPhee makes a dumb deal with the Islanders then he should be fired right after the draft. With the Islanders deal he's taking on two contracts that are players that aren't cleared to play and retired. Vegas could pick up high end UFA's this year and next year, but they need a good core group. The Oilers took 4 #1 picks before they did it right and gave away Hall (which I still think was dumb).

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

You don't pass on a 45 goal scorer when he's wide open for the taking, if McPhee makes a dumb deal with the Islanders then he should be fired right after the draft. With the Islanders deal he's taking on two contracts that are players that aren't cleared to play and retired. Vegas could pick up high end UFA's this year and next year, but they need a good core group. The Oilers took 4 #1 picks before they did it right and gave away Hall (which I still think was dumb).

Nelson and Strome wouldn't be available if they didn't have a deal. 

11 hours ago, cberkas said:

Still a dumb move by Holland, Vegas takes Mrazek and flips him to Arizona who needs a goalie. 

Possibly a genius move in protecting someone else he really wanted "untouchable" while exposing Mrazek...figuring the Golden Knights will be taking Marc-Andre Fleury anyways.  

He's Ken Holland...and we're not. :lol: