SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring Football 2017

UNDColorado

44 minutes ago, UNDbeliever said:

I'm going to miss #26 roaming the middle.  Great kid and leader, but after multiple concussions he decided (and rightfully so) his long-term health and well-being is so much more important.  I know he's disappointed he can't go his last year, but he still plans on helping out the team.

That is good to hear.  He is a great addition to the team purely from a leadership standpoint, besides the fact he was a starter.  

1 minute ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

I will always remember Connor O'Brien for his goalline stand vs Montana State last season on the 2 point conversion to tie the game.  He essentially won the game with that tackle.

"Digger-like".

I remember him dropping a billion would-be interceptions . . . but then snagging an impossible one.  Wishing him nothing but the best.

I hope Zimmerman doesn't have to see the field in 2017, but if he does, it will be key that he is ready to go. 

Like usual, many factors at play in his hopeful success if he does play in 2017 (God forbid). If the offensive line can improve, and with UND's stable of runners (Santiago, Oliveira, Johannesson, Gordon), UND could maybe grind-out a win with Zimmerman not having to air the ball out much. 

48 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Spring practice without Teeder's reports.....is not the same.  Doesn't even seem like spring practice is happening right now.....has been so little chat about it. 

Honestly with March Madness and hockey regionals, spring football was low on my list.   Years past you've had hockey regionals but spring practice was the 2nd story line.  That's all there has been to cover and read about.  Maybe get 5 stories in a row in the paper cause that was all that was going on.  

3 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Spring practice without Teeder's reports.....is not the same.  Doesn't even seem like spring practice is happening right now.....has been so little chat about it. 

Sorry gang.... unless the practices are on Saturdays or Sundays, I'm out of the picture this time of the year. I wish I could be out there, too!

15 minutes ago, 77iceman said:

I'm making the long drive up from Iowa for the Spring game!  Thinking of bringing my golf clubs...any good courses for a bad golfer there?

The Lincoln 9 hole course is reasonably priced, other than trees not many problems.  For more of a challenge,  the kings walk links course.  Fescue roughs are probably not bad yet,  like they'll be when everything is green

http://lincolngolf.org $24/18

http://www.kingswalk.org $35/18