SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (13-3, 18-8) vs Sac State (8-8, 11-16) 3/2 7 PM

SWSiouxMN

The Sac St game was two in a row where UND didnt show significant improvement over their oppenent since the first game.  Sac St has improved markedly, but with Seales and good shooting that should have been a win.  The Big Sky may just have seven teams that can make the dance.  Saw Montana come back from 12 at Weber and still win.  Montana seems to improved lately too, although Weber has seemingly fallen off a cliff as they rely on Senglin too much, and his shooting is not up to par.

Would have put UND's chances of dancing before the game at about 40%.  After this game its like 20%.  E Washington is now the favorite to dance.  But that's good because I usually don't predict well.  :lol:

53 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

The Sac St game was two in a row where UND didnt show significant improvement over their oppenent in first game.  Sac St has improved markedly, but with Seales and good shooting that should have been a win.  The Big Sky may just have seven teams that can make the dance.  Saw Montana come back from 12 at Weber and still win.  Montana seems to improved lately too, although Weber has seemingly fallen off a cliff as they rely on Senglin too much, and his shooting is not up to par.

Would have put UND's chances of dancing before the game at about 40%.  After this game its like 20%.  E Washington is now the favorite to dance.  But that's good because I usually don't predict well.  :lol:

After seeing EWU play last place SUU they struggled until they opened it up late. I think it could be anyone to be dancing. All it takes is someone to be hot in the tournament, even someone not expected and boom they are dancing. Next week is going to be a fun week to watch...unless UND loses then its going to suck.

35 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

After seeing EWU play last place SUU they struggled until they opened it up late. I think it could be anyone to be dancing. All it takes is someone to be hot in the tournament, even someone not expected and boom they are dancing. Next week is going to be a fun week to watch...unless UND loses then its going to suck.

EWU didn't blow their game, even though it was on the road.  To go dancing, teams have to win a game or two that was close. UND hasn't done that, as the Sac St game proved.

5 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

EWU didn't blow their game, even though it was on the road.  To go dancing, teams have to win a game or two that was close. UND hasn't done that, as the Sac St game proved.

UND has won a lot of close games this season.

• Upvote 1

It was a tough loss last night - but I was really confused by the call at the end of the game.  I was wondering if someone can explain the last foul last night.

1)  Called foul on Avants - watching the game on TV it looked like it was against 33.

2)  But, number 11 shoots the FT.  This was after the ref looked at the monitor.  So, if the foul wasn't against 33 what was the call for?  11 was over in the corner of the court.  11 wasn't even close to ball on the play.  The only thing I could think of was the foul was not called on Avants.  I looked at the box score and it was on Avants.  So, I am at a loss at why 11 was shooting the FT vs 33.

Here is the box score from the game:

00:05 5 3 - 5 5 V 2 GOOD! LAYUP by HOOKER, Quinton [PNT]
00:05 FOUL by AVANTS, Conner (P4T9)
00:05 5 3 - 5 6 V 3    GOOD! FT SHOT by JACKSON, Trevis
00:05 5 3 - 5 7 V 4    GOOD! FT SHOT by JACKSON, Trevis

23 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

yup they have never win close games...in your fictional universe