SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Miami

AZSIOUX

31 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

For those that have watched this team all year to date fully understand Cam hasn't been great night in and night out but they also can count on one hand and have fingers left over the nights this team has played great defense.......or even above average defense.

Our goals against isn't that bad.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Our goals against isn't that bad.

I think they have generally played pretty well on D, it's just that they are prone to mistakes that have led to a turnover goal or two per game.  It's like factoring in that one softie per game Macintyre was often guilty of .    

19 minutes ago, burd said:

I think they have generally played pretty well on D, it's just that they are prone to mistakes that have led to a turnover goal or two per game.  It's like factoring in that one softie per game Macintyre was often guilty of .    

Zane had a save % better than .925 in his 2 years as a starter.........and that's the only stat for a goalie that matters. :huh:

#UNDBIZknowsgoalies

So we can surmise that UND is giving up .8 more goals per game this season vs last is strictly due to Cam's save %?

The defense this season overall has been below average and that's being generous.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Zane had a save % better than .925 in his 2 years as a starter.........and that's the only stat for a goalie that matters. :huh:

#UNDBIZknowsgoalies

So we can surmise that UND is giving up .8 more goals per game this season vs last is strictly due to Cam's save %?

The defense this season overall has been below average and that's being generous.

I don't think it's an either/or question.  I have no complaints about Cam's play--he has kept us in games.  And there's not question our D is nowhere near what it was last year.  That was a generational team defense. We are turnover prone, and both D and forwards have missed assignments in front of the net.  it's certainly not just the Dmen who have been guilty.   I'm just saying this team will often do a decent job of keeping the play on the perimeter for most of the game only to give up the puck in transition leading to a goal.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

#UNDBIZknowsgoalies

Please point out where I said the defense has been good this season.  After that, please point out where I said Johnson has been a bad goalie this season.  My prior post was simply pointing out how pointless it is to say a worse goalie than Cam would have a worse save percentage than Cam.  Apparently it needed a winky face or something.

• Downvote 1