SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Miami

AZSIOUX

21 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Extend Blasi?  Simple question.

18 hours ago, #MACtion said:

As in his coaching contract? Yes.  The NCHC is much toughter than the CCHA (aka BTHC) and he is still well respected.  He is the 2nd highest paid person at Miami U behind our football coach.  (our Prez is 3rd).  Missing the NCAAs stings but lets see how these 14 freshman do next season.  I see us as WMU was last season (and who is now #6 in the nation). But yeah, Rico has no hot seat.

I guess we should fill him in on the joke, eh?

• Upvote 2

Cam is going to have to be at his best this weekend.  We just make too many mistakes in our own end for us to win any other way.  

Scoring 5 or 6 would do the trick too, of course, but that's not likely to happen twice. 

One thing you can bet on:  if we do not sweep, a lot of fans will insist that the team did not want it badly enough. 

• Upvote 2

I do hope that this team sweeps this weekend.  Last night it hit me that next weekend could be the last of UND hockey this year.  I am not ready for this yet, and I hope the team has something to say about that too.  Sounds like Shaw is going to be out again, which just means next man up.  On a side note, I am hoping I can watch NCHC.TV on my Samsung Smart TV.  Last year when I tried, it was a no go.  I was able to watch a few of the videos on it last night, so hopefully that is a good harbinger of thinks to come and I can watch the games on the TV and not computer. 

57 minutes ago, burd said:

Cam is going to have to be at his best this weekend.  We just make too many mistakes in our own end for us to win any other way.  

Scoring 5 or 6 would do the trick too, of course, but that's not likely to happen twice. 

One thing you can bet on:  if we do not sweep, a lot of fans will insist that the team did not want it badly enough

Ain't that the truth! 

1 hour ago, ringneck28 said:

I do hope that this team sweeps this weekend.  Last night it hit me that next weekend could be the last of UND hockey this year.  I am not ready for this yet, and I hope the team has something to say about that too.  Sounds like Shaw is going to be out again, which just means next man up.  On a side note, I am hoping I can watch NCHC.TV on my Samsung Smart TV.  Last year when I tried, it was a no go.  I was able to watch a few of the videos on it last night, so hopefully that is a good harbinger of thinks to come and I can watch the games on the TV and not computer. 

Samsung smart Tv's don't have the capability to live stream :/ I've called on it before

Hook a laptop up w/ a HDMI chord is the trick I usually do

Here it goes ... Another attempt at being positive .... another bode of confidence .... another week of hope.

This is the week the boys start to put it together, and get some payoff. We have seen these guys play poor and lose some games (last Saturday), we have seen these guys dominate play, but with no results (W. Mich and CC); this is the week it comes together.

Sweep, secure home ice, get a little help, be back in the NCAA tourney picture.

3 hours ago, burd said:

One thing you can bet on:  if we do not sweep, a lot of fans will insist that the team did not want it badly enough. 

The All American Cam Johnson would be nice to see in this series.  

3 hours ago, ringneck28 said:

I do hope that this team sweeps this weekend.  Last night it hit me that next weekend could be the last of UND hockey this year.  I am not ready for this yet, and I hope the team has something to say about that too.

Either way we play next weekend.

• Upvote 1

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 11:07 AM, I Ranger said:

Unfortunately that is what happens with the 5 minute major and Game Misconduct penalty. Players dive and act hurt to draw majors and it works way too often! I've seen players take way worse hits that deserved majors but if the player gets up quickly and doesn't act like he was shot more often than not it's called a minor. Players are rewarded for diving and acting hurt.

I would like to see a rule change whereby a player on the receiving end of a major penalty (checking from behind, contact to the head, kneeing, etc.) is required to sit out the duration of the five-minute man advantage. Should be the minimum amount of time required to test for concussion and other serious injuries.

Dave

• Upvote 1