SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Miami

AZSIOUX

UND travels to Miami for the final weekend. A home playoff series is on the line. 

The teams split in January at The Ralph 6-3 Miami Friday, 3-1 UND sat 

The only number that matters as of today is 16

PAIRWISE RANKINGS

NCHC STANDINGS

DU 53 at UNO

UMD 49 at WMU

WMU 39

UNO 29

UND 29 at MIAMI 

SCSU 28 

MIAMI 23 

CC 14 at SCSU

6 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

A split is the ceiling for this squad IMO.

I'm afraid you're right.

I'm thinking that DU sweeps UNO, Miami/UND split, and SCSU sweeps or wins/ties with CC to jump over UND and UNO in the standings.
So that puts UND on the road to SCSU for a chance to go to the Target Center.

7 hours ago, brianvf said:

I'm afraid you're right.

I'm thinking that DU sweeps UNO, Miami/UND split, and SCSU sweeps or wins/ties with CC to jump over UND and UNO in the standings.
So that puts UND on the road to SCSU for a chance to go to the Target Center.

I could definitely see this scenario happening.

7 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

CC has looked tough, I see them splitting this weekend. I would bet on them being at the Target Center even, may be a stretch but they have played some good hockey against real good teams.

I applaud your constant unwavering optimism on all things but seriously? No chance they take 2 of 3 at DU or UMD.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I applaud your constant unwavering optimism on all things but seriously? No chance they take 2 of 3 at DU.

Wow dude...How is this optimism? I am not a fan of CC, nor do I want or care if they end up at the Target Center! My optimism is more of knowing there is still a chance for my favorite team. You keep quivering there though.

After Friday I had some hope the team finally wanted to play to their potential, well my hopes were dashed in the first few minutes Saturday night. 

I know they say the guys don't pay attention to the poles well time to put the ping pong paddles down and pay attention to the PWR and put 110% effort in the last two games.

The guys should be pissed and sweep Miami, but we'll see.

• Upvote 4

Anyone else find it ironic that Brad wrote an article about diving/embellishment this week.  If I remember correctly, there were 2 of these that happened the last time Miami was here and neither was called.  Both ended up with goals on the power play that followed. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

Anyone else find it ironic that Brad wrote an article about diving/embellishment this week.  If I remember correctly, there were 2 of these that happened the last time Miami was here and neither was called.  Both ended up with goals on the power play that followed. 

Must be a slow news week, it's been a tough hockey season for Brad too. Even he can't keep pulling out the pom-poms to defend how UND has played this year.

• Upvote 2