SiouxSports.com Forum

Defensive 2 Deep Guesses

geaux_sioux

39 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I agree, very glad Poole was caught and my hope is that he was not able to spread this to anyone else on the team.  I am sure if other team members were aware of this situation at all and not a part of it that it would be very divisive to the chemistry on the team.  Unless Poole was a total loner, I can't imagine his closest teammates/roommates did not have some idea.  Does anyone know if the recent photos on his twitter are in Grand Forks or Colorado?

If you're asking about the "natural habitat" ones I'd assume colorado. And yes, his friends in those pics are clearly stoners.

For every guy with a scholarship, there are one hundred more just waiting for the chance to get one.

I don't really see any grey area to this.  Not too tough to know right from wrong in situations like this . . .  so congrats to

the next man up who gets some playing time!

So, any thoughts on who the "sack leader" will be this season?  That spring game showed me that the speed is there on

pretty much every part of the defense. (not so much there on size, though . . . excluding Tank).

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

Good bye Poole......Piece of  Sh%#!!!! 

Lets get back to the two deep discussion because this guy doesn't deserve any more talk. 

I believe rastas has a chance to be moved to OLB with in coming fresh Noah Larson in the two deep at ILB.  Extremely thin, both in physical stature and depth at the LB positions.  Very inexperienced as well......Donnell, Jake, and Lawrence are the only 3 (of 8 deep )that have college experience at LB.  I like the talent however. Speed speed speed !  Just need everyone to keep their nose clean over the summer and injury free during the season.  Possibly be a couple games before the LB crew gets settled in and is comfortable. Haas will be a special player, IMO. He will get the chance to prove it this year.  Schmitty will undoubtedly do his best to have this crew ready...no issues there. 

Anyone have any info on Rastas current weight or how about Disterhaupt or Geier?  Have they been able to bulk up 10-15 lbs this offseason?  How about Larson?  Recruiting info says 230, anyone know if he is really 230?   i worry more about the weights at inside than outside backer.

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

There are two ways to break up a pass play: at the receiver or at the sender. 

I have the solution to the "deep route" problem. Actually, I got it from Bubba: 

Make the most nervous person in the arena their QB; make the second most their QB's mother. 

Put their QB on the ground. Break it up at the sender. 

Have every DL and LB with about 7 half-sacks per game.
Why half-sacks?
Because that means two guys (500+ pounds) are laying on their QB every time. ;):D 

Hammering the sender is actually more effective over time.  If QB is laying on his back does not matter who is covering the receivers.  An elite receiver and qb can only be stopped by heavy pressure, does not really matter if its pop warner or the NFL.

• Upvote 1

One wild card for DB help is JoJo Henderson.  Based on what I know he hasn't made a decision for next year, and even if he does based on his situation any LOI may not be binding.  So, even if he has told the coachees he plans on coming here, it wouldn't be official until he actually arrives on campus.

That said, I have no idea if he's in play anymore or not.

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

It has no relevance to the situation of kids coming from a state where it is legal to North Dakota.

You really don't think the ability to get it legally in Colorado has no impact on how/why Poole had so much in ND? He could bring it here from home. Not saying it was right, just saying it's relevant.

3 minutes ago, shep said:

You really don't think the ability to get it legally in Colorado has no impact on how/why Poole had so much in ND? He could bring it here from home. Not saying it was right, just saying it's relevant.

Unless the ammount in the article was wrong 4-5 grams is not much at all. 

9 hours ago, Hambone said:

One wild card for DB help is JoJo Henderson.  Based on what I know he hasn't made a decision for next year, and even if he does based on his situation any LOI may not be binding.  So, even if he has told the coachees he plans on coming here, it wouldn't be official until he actually arrives on campus.

That said, I have no idea if he's in play anymore or not.

What is his "situation"? He is just keeping his options open for the best possible offer?

21 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Wonder if they will look to any FBS dropdowns? Any name in the rumor mill?

Trying to be a half glass full guy with regards to Poole / Flowers (& O'Brien). Three players that were expected to be on the team that aren't, causing a need for 2 LB & 1 Safety. O'Brien (starter) and Pooler / Flowers more depth guys. My hope is everything happened early enough, to give them enough time to look for players looking for the one year Graduate route. Glass half full being with O'Brien / Flowers being Seniors, you only need a one year Band-Aid with them. Poole, would have been a depth guy anyway this year, with little experience, so a one year Band-Aid for him shouldn't be difficult. Replacing O'Brien is tough, but my hope is the coaching staff can find comparable replacements for Flowers / Poole.