SiouxSports.com Forum

Defensive 2 Deep Guesses

geaux_sioux

I was hoping the "intent to distribute" was based simply on having a large quantity of MJ, perhaps due to him stocking up when he went home to Colorado.  The presence of a digital scale says to me this kid was actually dealing.  Glad to see the immediate, indefinite suspension announced.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

"According to an affidavit filed in Northeast Central District Court, the Grand Forks Narcotics Task Force received information that Poole had been receiving large amounts of marijuana in the mail."

What a @#$%^& moron. If you want to get caught this is what you do. The weed is good out here....meaning there is also a very strong odor. You might get away with it a couple times but eventually you will get caught. Smoking a little weed in your free time is one thing but this is next level dumb. 

scholarship money just opened up.

The biggest drug dealer in the nation? UPS.

8 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Causation and correlation are different things. The gateway crap has been disproven.

Right now there is an amazing amount of disinformation out there about marijuana.  Its not addictive, it is not a gateway drug, "it heals everything from cancer to constipation and does not cause lung cancer even though the carcinogens are largely identical to cigarettes.  The gateway has NOT been scientifically disproven, it is crap just like the rest of what I just listed.  I am sure everyone has a buddy that started smoking when he was 14 or 15 and now has to smoke to get ready for the day and smoke to get some sleep, but he is not "addicted". ;)  Sometime read NORML meeting minutes and you will understand what is happening.

Just now, Midwestern Hawk said:

Right now there is an amazing amount of disinformation out there about marijuana.  Its not addictive, it is not a gateway drug, it heals everything form cancer to constipation and does not cause lung cancer even though the carcinogens are largely identical to cigarettes.  The gateway has NOT been scientifically disproven, it is crap just like the rest of what I just listed.  I am sure everyone has a buddy that started smoking when he was 14 or 15 and now has to smoke to get ready for the day and smoke to get some sleep, but he is not "addicted". ;)

Im assuming you know all about the withdrawls from other drugs that are considered addictive and how different they are from "pot wothdrawls". Withdrawls from alcohol our nations beloved drug often kills, yet one of the main sponsors of the Super Bowl is a beer company and nobody seems to mind. There are rampant double standards and ignorance with drugs. It sounds like you are falling behind on the legit medical research that is being done with weed. Check out the studies coming out of Isreal. 

• Upvote 1

"We are aware of the situation involving Keelan Poole," UND football coach Bubba Schweigert said. "In cases like this, we have to allow the legal and university processes to play out before commenting any further."

Translated: It's well beyond Bubba. The lad may be < ahem > disenrolled. 

25 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I was hoping the "intent to distribute" was based simply on having a large quantity of MJ, perhaps due to him stocking up when he went home to Colorado.  The presence of a digital scale says to me this kid was actually dealing.  Glad to see the immediate, indefinite suspension announced.

Not usually many college kids with $3,600 in cash sitting around either.

34 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

That's not true. Portugaul, for example, has seen drug related crime and ER visits plummet. 

SO TRUE!! media doesn't report this stuff...it sounds radical but legalize all drugs! don't condone it but don't criminalize it.

1 hour ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Right now there is an amazing amount of disinformation out there about marijuana.  Its not addictive, it is not a gateway drug, "it heals everything from cancer to constipation and does not cause lung cancer even though the carcinogens are largely identical to cigarettes.  The gateway has NOT been scientifically disproven, it is crap just like the rest of what I just listed.  I am sure everyone has a buddy that started smoking when he was 14 or 15 and now has to smoke to get ready for the day and smoke to get some sleep, but he is not "addicted". ;)  Sometime read NORML meeting minutes and you will understand what is happening.

It's also not legal.

• Upvote 3

Good bye Poole......Piece of  Sh%#!!!! 

Lets get back to the two deep discussion because this guy doesn't deserve any more talk. 

I believe rastas has a chance to be moved to OLB with in coming fresh Noah Larson in the two deep at ILB.  Extremely thin, both in physical stature and depth at the LB positions.  Very inexperienced as well......Donnell, Jake, and Lawrence are the only 3 (of 8 deep )that have college experience at LB.  I like the talent however. Speed speed speed !  Just need everyone to keep their nose clean over the summer and injury free during the season.  Possibly be a couple games before the LB crew gets settled in and is comfortable. Haas will be a special player, IMO. He will get the chance to prove it this year.  Schmitty will undoubtedly do his best to have this crew ready...no issues there. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

Good bye Poole......Piece of  Sh%#!!!! 

Lets get back to the two deep discussion because this guy doesn't deserve any more talk. 

I believe rastas has a chance to be moved to OLB with in coming fresh Noah Larson in the two deep at ILB.  Extremely thin, both in physical stature and depth at the LB positions.  Very inexperienced as well......Donnell, Jake, and Lawrence are the only 3 (of 8 deep )that have college experience at LB.  I like the talent however. Speed speed speed !  Just need everyone to keep their nose clean over the summer and injury free during the season.  Possibly be a couple games before the LB crew gets settled in and is comfortable. Haas will be a special player, IMO. He will get the chance to prove it this year.  Schmitty will undoubtedly do his best to have this crew ready...no issues there. 

Agree with most of your moving forward comments towards next year.

But terms like stupid, dumb, selfish, wasteful are probably better terms for this KID (And yes he is a kid ... a dumb kid, a selfish kid, a stupid kid) than POS. My hope for this kid, is that this will be the best and worst moment of his life. Worst because he lost so much, but best, because it got him to straighten his life out.

Lets not be absurd here, this kid has some major issues right now. Hope he sees the big picture, and move forward.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Best substance since snake oil........

I had Poole as my #5 outside behind Lawrence , Haas, Palmberg, Turner.

Athletically Poole is an explosive guy, definitely could have been a good player.  But when being a dumbass is more important than football and family (teammates) see ya Cheech.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

But terms like stupid, dumb, selfish, wasteful are probably better terms for this KID (And yes he is a kid ... a dumb kid, a selfish kid, a stupid kid) than POS. My hope for this kid, is that this will be the best and worst moment of his life. Worst because he lost so much, but best, because it got him to straighten his life out.

Lets not be absurd here, this kid has some major issues right now. Hope he sees the big picture, and move forward.

Good post.  Would love nothing more than to see him pull a Frattin; i.e., straighten his life out and prove himself for a year, then come back (assuming that that's even in the cards) and turn himself into the excellent ballplayer that he has the potential to become.

12 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

IMO he's a massive POS.  Everyone can have their opinion and that's mine.    He's just threw  away a free education, aviation degree mind you, that most kids would kill for. And for what!?!?  Can or will he learn from this....probably.  But the collateral damage is already in effect. 

As I mentioned in an earlier post, he has now put UND, UND football and and Bubba in an unfair situation.  It's more then just the individual.  He threw Bubba under the bus for an individual game.  The rivals coaches, fans, media, will use this for many years against UND.  He has affected more then just himself,  because he was more dedicated to drug dealing then ....FB, his teammates, his family and college.  

I have nothing more to say about this situation or individual....Lets move on from this mess.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

IMO he's a massive POS.  Everyone can have their opinion and that's mine.    He's just threw  away a free education, aviation degree mind you, that most kids would kill for. And for what!?!?  Can or will he learn from this....probably.  But the collateral damage is already in effect. 

As I mentioned in an earlier post, he has now put UND, UND football and and Bubba in an unfair situation.  It's more then just the individual.  He threw Bubba under the bus for an individual game.  The rivals coaches, fans, media, will use this for many years against UND.  He has affected more then just him just because he was more dedicated to drug dealing then ....FB, his teammates, his family and college.  

I have nothing more to say about this situation or individual....Lets move on from this mess.  

Fair enough. My only concern now, is that no other names pop up. Wonder who is roommates are? Were they aware? Was anyone else on the team using? Was anyone else dealing?

My hope is that this was an isolated incident, and that we can move on and focus on football. Sucks to hear this kind of stuff. Heck, I don't like hearing about it when it is a Bison player, or a Gopher player. These are kids that have a ton of opportunity, and certainly don't want to see them waste it.

I really do think there is a silver lining to this situation. Poole was dealing before he got caught and would still be doing it if he didn't get caught. Obviously you would rather not have this situation, but given the choice of him (1) Getting caught, kicked off the team / school (2) Continue dealing, I'd choose (1) every single time. It isn't a good look for UND Football, but him getting out of the locker room / school, is much more positive than the negative press his arrest brought. It's unfair to speculate, so I'm trying to really watch my words, but just in general, this will be a wake up call to everyone on the team that they better really think about their actions (even if it's not to the extent of what Poole was doing). I'm happy he got caught, negative press today, but will be a positive overall.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, AJS said:

I really do think there is a silver lining to this situation. Poole was dealing before he got caught and would still be doing it if he didn't get caught. Obviously you would rather not have this situation, but given the choice of him (1) Getting caught, kicked off the team / school (2) Continue dealing, I'd choose (1) every single time. It isn't a good look for UND Football, but him getting out of the locker room / school, is much more positive than the negative press his arrest brought. It's unfair to speculate, so I'm trying to really watch my words, but just in general, this will be a wake up call to everyone on the team that they better really think about their actions (even if it's not to the extent of what Poole was doing). I'm happy he got caught, negative press today, but will be a positive overall.

I agree, very glad Poole was caught and my hope is that he was not able to spread this to anyone else on the team.  I am sure if other team members were aware of this situation at all and not a part of it that it would be very divisive to the chemistry on the team.  Unless Poole was a total loner, I can't imagine his closest teammates/roommates did not have some idea.  Does anyone know if the recent photos on his twitter are in Grand Forks or Colorado?

18 minutes ago, MadScout03 said:

Here at siouxsports.com we don't tolerate personal attacks...unless its against a defenseless 20-year old kid.  I get it, Longtime Fan, you're mad.  I'm not sure anyone else is happy about this either.  But this doesn't define the U or the program, and Bubba and company won't let it.  While I believe Bubba is a good judge of character, there are always kids who don't work out for one reason or another, on any team, at any level.  Any player, coach, or parent will understand this.        

I did not say define, I said they are put in an unfair situation.  Nothing good comes out of having a drug dealer on the team. 

7 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

I did not say define, I said they are put in an unfair situation.  Nothing good comes out of having a drug dealer on the team. 

I actually didn't quote anything you said, just referencing your anger and frustration. The word "define" is my word/usage. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

DE Dranka Cieslak

NT Harris Greer

DE Greely Bennett

OLB Lawrence Rastas?

ILB Rodgers Neverman?

ILB Disterhaupt Geier

OLB Palmborg Haas 

CB Hunt Carter

SS Reyes Canaday

FS Stewart Randolph

CB Harris Holm

Maybe someone already noticed this but Flowers is no longer on the 2017 roster.