OLB-Disterhaupt Hunt

ILB-O'Brien Murray

ILB-Rodgers Turner

OLB-Lawrence Poole

CB-Harris Carter

FS-Flowers ?

SS-Reyes Palmborg

CB Hunt Holm  

The incoming freshman with a chance to play are Larson(LB), Ott(DE), Morrison(NG) and Shannon(FS)

17 minutes ago, SIOUXHAWK47 said:

I'm trying to get up to speed.  From the playoff 2-deep, you left off Palmborg and Arnell.  Was that on purpose?  Are they still on the team?

Palmborg to outside backer where UND will be young, but really athletic.  I think he's in the mix with the top 4-5 there.

11 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I forgot Palmborg at OLB.

Otherwise pretty salty, and fast.  I wouldn't be surprised it Disterhaupt is starting come fall at inside.  It was funny heading into the Wyoming game and everyone was like, "WTF, Santiago is our starting RB"?  This staff is pretty sharp at putting guys in the right places.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Otherwise pretty salty, and fast.  I wouldn't be surprised it Disterhaupt is starting come fall at inside.  It was funny heading into the Wyoming game and everyone was like, "WTF, Santiago is our starting RB"?  This staff is pretty sharp at putting guys in the right places.

It's a good looking unit. If the FS spot can get legitimately locked down we may have our first dominant defense of the d1 era. 

•  

UND-FB-FAN   

• UND-FB-FAN
  • Members
  • 4,284 posts
On 2/16/2017 at 0:33 PM, Bison06 said:

Is there a projected depth chart somewhere heading into spring football?

Based on my understanding, it will be something SIMILAR to this:

(For reference: http://www.undsports.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPID=6399&SPSID=58641&DB_OEM_ID=13500)

QB - 1) Keaton Studsrud, Sr. 2) Andrew Zimmerman, So. or Brad Heidlebaugh, So. 3) Ben Bolinske, RFr.

HB - 1) John Santiago, Jr. 2) Brady Oliveria, Jr. 3) James Johannesson, So. 4) Austin Gordon, So.

FB - 1) Kyle Norberg, Sr. 2) Tyler Coyne, Jr. 3) Brett Finke RFr.

TE - 1) Luke Fiedler, Jr. 2) Alex Cloyd, So. 3) Hunter Pinke, RFr.

WR - 1) Travis Toivonen, So. 2) Demun Mercer, Sr.

WR - 1) Noah Wanzek, So. 2) Luke Stanley, Jr.

LT - 1) AJ Stockwell, Sr. 2) Adam Stiner, Jr.

LG - 1) Dan Bell, Sr. 2) Grant Aplin, Jr.

C - 1) Grant Aplin, Jr. 2) Patric Rooney, So.

RG - 1) Demon Taylor, Jr. 2) Brandon Miller, Sr.

RT - 1) Bryce Blair, So. 2) Mat Cox, Sr.

OL to watch: RFr. Ryan Tobin, RFr. Nathan Nguon, RFr. Noah Mortel

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

LDE - 1) Drew Greely, Sr. 2) Mason Bennett, So.

RDE - 1) Brandon Dranka, Sr. 2) Austin Cieslak, Jr.

NG - 1) Tank Harris, Jr. 2) Steve Greer, Jr. 

OLB - 1) Jake Disterhauput, Sr. 2) Ray Haas, RFr. or Tanner Palmborg, Jr. or Jake Geier, RFr.

OLB - 1) Jade Lawrence, So.  2) Jaxon Turner, RFr. or Tanner Palmborg, Jr. or Jake Geier, RFr.

ILB - 1) Connor O'Brien, Sr. 2) Cam Hunt, RFr.

ILB - 1) Donnell Rodgers, So. 2) Dijon Murray, Sr. 

LCB - 1) Deion Harris, Sr. 2) Tyus Carter, Jr.

RCB - 1) Torrey Hunt, So. 2) Evan Holm, So.

FS - 1) Tamas Stewart, Jr. 2) Chuck Flowers, Sr. 

SS - 1) Cole Reyes, Sr. 2)  Vashon Tucker, So. or Andre Randolph, RFr. or Jordan Canady, RFr., 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

I guess I'll go first.

DE Dranka Cieslak/Ott

NT Harris Greer

DE Greely Bennett/Carter

OLB Lawrence Poole

ILB Rodgers Murray/Hunt

ILB OBrien Disterhaupt/Larson

OLB Palmborg Haas Turner

CB Hunt Carter

SS Reyes Canaday

FS Stewart Flowers/Randolph

CB Harris Holm

So you think Palmborg will beat out Disterhaupt for the starting outside backer spot? 

That would be interesting; nevertheless, I expect both to be on the field a lot. 

Just now, geaux_sioux said:

As Gundy said. Disterhaupt to ILB.

I think it will be tough for Disterhaupt to start over O'Brien and Rodgers inside, but he could end up as a 2nd unit guy at both inside and outside spots, I suppose. I see him starting outside at this early juncture; will be fun to see at spring ball. 

31 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

You think the staff will make the outside backer spot even more youthful by moving Disterhaupt inside? I see him staying outside but that largely depends on how the young outside guys do this spring and fall, I guess.

27 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

You think the staff will make the outside backer spot even more youthful by moving Disterhaupt inside? I see him staying outside but that largely depends on how the young outside guys do this spring and fall, I guess.

As much as I like Connor, could you imagine the combo of Disterhaupt and Rodgers at ILB!!!  Crazy athletes.  The first step that those two have is just incredible. 

I hope Haas put on some weight..his height and athleticism at OLB would wreak havoc on offenses.   

Staying healthy at safety is beyond crucial.   Seems like the one area that hasn't filled in with depth.   Love the Reyes/ Stewart combo however.  We all know what Reyes brings but Stewart looks like a gamer.....excited to see it march 3rd. 

This years defense has the makings of something special.  Hope it all comes together on the field.......and stay healthy. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

We'll see with spring ball. Still can't imagine Disterhaupt moving from outside to inside with UND losing both outside starters from last season to graduation unless Palmborg and redshirt freshmen really impress. 

Outside is pretty easy to learn compared to inside.  O'brien and Bakker knew the calls last year.  Without Bakker we need someone on the inside to run the front 7 and reportedly Disterhaupt understands the defense well.  The other insides still have a ways to go with the comprehension and leadership.  You will see good things from our young outside backers this coming season, guaranteed.  Safety and inside backer making the calls, make everything work.  Just a hunch.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Outside is pretty easy to learn compared to inside.  O'brien and Bakker knew the calls last year.  Without Bakker we need someone on the inside to run the front 7 and reportedly Disterhaupt understands the defense well.  The other insides still have a ways to go with the comprehension and leadership.  You will see good things from our young outside backers this coming season, guaranteed.  Safety and inside backer making the calls, make everything work.  Just a hunch.

With disterhaupt moving inside, Whi do you see on the 2 deep at outside?

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I guess I'll go first.

DE Dranka Cieslak/Ott

NT Harris Greer

DE Greely Bennett/Carter

OLB Lawrence Poole

ILB Rodgers Murray/Hunt

ILB OBrien Disterhaupt/Larson

OLB Palmborg Haas Turner

CB Hunt Carter

SS Reyes Canaday

FS Stewart Flowers/Randolph

CB Harris Holm

I project Geier will crack the 2 deep at backer, leaning inside.  With Disterhaupt there that really adds to the competition.  I wonder if Rastas put on some size, could be a wild card, too.  Lots of young backers.  Let's see who emerges.........