SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UNO

AZSIOUX

UND (15-13-3 // 8-11-1-1 nchc) was swept out in Kalamazoo this last weekend. UND is having trouble scoring goals and have been really since the last Omaha series when they dropped 16 goals in two nights for sweep. UND is 2-6 in their last 8 games. UND STATS

***UND 8-7-2 at home this season 

***UND has scored 7 goals in last 5 games

***UND has 3 players who have played all 31 games - gersich poganski c.poolman...t.poolman and simonson have played 30 games

***GERSICH (19) JOST (11) BOESER (11) 41 of teams 95 goals. 86 of teams 255 points. 13 combined missed games between the first rounders 

***UNO 8-4-3 on the road this season 

UNO (15-12-5 // 8-10-2-0 nchc) had a bye week and are 2-4-2 in their last 8 games. UNO STATS

PAIRWISE RANKINGS

NCAA STATS

NCHC STANDINGS

DU 47 - SCSU atUNO

UMD 45 - MIAMI atWMU

WMU 35 - atCC UMD

SCSU 28 - atDU CC 

UNO 26 - atUND DU

UND 26 - UNO atMIAMI

MIAMI 21 - atUMD UND

CC 12 - WMU atSCSU

UNO had probably their worst goaltending weekend all season in both games against UND.  I don't expect that to happen again.

I predict much closer games, but I think UND is capable of taking 1 or 2 wins this weekend.  They are a better team than UNO, but will they actually win the games, or will it be a couple more "moral victories" after playing well?

If they can manage to scrape out a win or two, they could pass SCSU in the NCHC which has a much tougher opponent in DU.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, brianvf said:

UNO had probably their worst goaltending weekend all season in both games against UND.  I don't expect that to happen again.

I predict much closer games, but I think UND is capable of taking 1 or 2 wins this weekend.  They are a better team than UNO, but will they actually win the games, or will it be a couple more "moral victories" after playing well?

If they can manage to scrape out a win or two, they could pass SCSU in the NCHC which has a much tougher opponent in DU.

.........but SCSU ends with CC at home. It's their home ice to lose.  

9 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

On the plus side...another loss or two and I can perhaps consider some tickets for the @ St Cloud State first round of the playoffs!

You were good luck at the last series there.

18 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

On the plus side...another loss or two and I can perhaps consider some tickets for the @ St Cloud State first round of the playoffs!

There you go mafia, a little better attitude....:lol:

8 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I was there also...I was even on tv just like MM was.....But twice! Haha!

47 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

37 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

You catch on quickly!

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Can the Wilkie fiasco please end? If Bowen or Yon are healthy he needs to sit.........for the rest of the year.

I want to be hopeful about Wilkie but that turnover he made last night was inexcusable. I was yelling at him the whole time he was skating behind the net with the puck with guys all over him. Needed to get rid of so much sooner.

And while I'm pissing and moaning, is anyone getting sick of 16's backhand passes? He's a special player but IMO he's gotten really careless with these and it's costing us offensive zone possession or leading to a costly turnover.

end rant

34 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

There you go mafia, a little better attitude....:lol:

I was there also...I was even on tv just like MM was.....But twice! Haha!

For the upcoming playoff series sharing a hotel room is fine..........a bed is not!

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

.........but SCSU ends with CC at home. It's their home ice to lose.  

I think UND HAS to sweep their last 2 series and SCSU has to loose 2 of their last 4 to get UND home ice for the playoffs, I honestly don't see that happening. If UND gets home ice I see them playing SCSU, not sure I see UND taking 2 games

34 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I want to be hopeful about Wilkie but that turnover he made last night was inexcusable. I was yelling at him the whole time he was skating behind the net with the puck with guys all over him. Needed to get rid of so much sooner.

And while I'm pissing and moaning, is anyone getting sick of 16's backhand passes? He's a special player but IMO he's gotten really careless with these and it's costing us offensive zone possession or leading to a costly turnover.

end rant

Posted the same about Wilkie last night. I've felt he can get one and start to roll, but that TO was horrid.

My issue with Brock is he always seems to be chasing a guy back on D, trying to hook him.

Not sure what's going on with him. When he shoots, it's blocked. When he seems to have an open shot, he passes.

5 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

I think UND HAS to sweep their last 2 series and SCSU has to loose 2 of their last 4 to get UND home ice for the playoffs, I honestly don't see that happening. If UND gets home ice I see them playing SCSU, not sure I see UND taking 2 games

UND needs one more win than SCSU in the final 4 game being 2 points behind.