SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ WMU - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

3 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

That has been this team's breakout M.O. for years. Ā Up and off the glass. Ā Up and off the glass. Ā Up and off the glass. Ā Yet other teams are one, maybe two passes and their away to open ice. Ā So I don't think it's just JS...

He touched the puck three times his last two shifts...he immediately goes glass/boards and out. Ā Prior to looking to see if anyone is open. Ā I watch most games, this is different. Ā Usually they play like that when they are holding onto a lead. He's playing not to mess up rather than trying to create something, and in turn he's looking terrible.

1 minute ago, TrueSioux2000 said:

I have to believe that every player wants to win every game....so the fact that we're being out played can't be pinned on lack of effort or wanting to win....they're just better than us. Maybe this team isn't in the upper echelon of hockey teams this year.Ā And if it is because some players aren't in it 100% why are they at UND?

There you go.Ā  Ever since we started playing top teams, it was clear we don't have the horses to expect success like we've seen in the past.Ā Ā  It doesn't mean the guys are lazy or don't care.Ā Ā  If we get in the tourney, maybe something good will happen, but just don't count on it.Ā Ā  And with the talent we lost from last year, nobody should be surprised.Ā 

21 minutes ago, Snake said:

This is the worst puck management/protection I've seen in a long time from this team. We are terrible with the puck.Ā 

I haven't seen puck (ball) control this bad since Wednesday's co-rec championship broomball game in Roseville MN! Ā Our opponents were awful - and Red Army made them pay for it! Ā Kinda like WMU is doing tonight.Ā 

• Upvote 1